Board logo

Which came 1st: chicken or the egg!
Bob da builder - 24/4/02 at 04:28 PM

Which came 1st, the chicken or the egg?

well if any body could answer that then they will become verry rich!!!

my problem...

which come first????

I have rolling chassis, engine, nose cone, scuttle, steering but what next? do i wire out then panel the sides and rear or panel and then wire out??
what have people done? im afraid that i will panel out and the not have access to areas which i need to work in?? or am i worrying about nothing?

cheers Rob

theconrodkid - 24/4/02 at 05:33 PM

Yo Bob i find it easier to fit the bits that HEVE GOT TO GO THERE,ie body panels first and the bits you can move around after,thers not too much in the way and plenty access even with engine fitted

JohnFol - 25/4/02 at 07:03 AM

The answer to your question is "The cockerel"

Bob da builder - 25/4/02 at 07:33 AM

Yeah but how did the cockeral get there??

wurlyvalve - 26/4/02 at 01:08 PM

Yeah been through this one recently. I wired 'around' the engine so that everything went around (looking from above) anti-clockwise. This meant only two or three wires went down the passanger side. Hence I put the passenger side panel on first. All other panels I left off!
Mind.... I had fitted the tranny tunnel first. It was a bit of pain fitting the wires in... but not that much.

I'd say its six of one..... by putting one panel on first I learnt where the side repeators were going, but other than that...?

Wurly.