Board logo

searching for short wiperblades
dr-fastlane - 6/7/07 at 07:57 PM

I’m planning to use mini wiper mechanism, but the original wiperblades are to big. Searching on the internet I found a picture of a Donkervoort D8 with some nice short blades. Who can tell me which other car used this type of blade? Or has a better solution? Rescued attachment Donkervoort_D8-7-L.JPG
Rescued attachment Donkervoort_D8-7-L.JPG

Lightning - 6/7/07 at 08:09 PM

Landrover, you can cut them down to whatever size you want.

bob - 6/7/07 at 08:26 PM

I buy my flat blades from premierwiring ebay shop, i have to then chop 1" off each end.

premier link

ditchlewis - 6/7/07 at 08:27 PM

try car builder solutions, they have ones like the picture.

ditch

rusty nuts - 6/7/07 at 08:54 PM

Got some from the Premier wiring stand at Newark. IIRC they were £2.00 each, just had to shorten slightly using a good pair of tinsnips

zetec - 7/7/07 at 07:05 AM

Dax do some adjustable length arms and matching blades, not the cheapest but easy.

scutter - 7/7/07 at 07:33 AM

You could try HOLDEN. they seem to stock everything for classic cars.

ATB Dan.

BenB - 7/7/07 at 10:28 AM

It's important to get the right wiper arm. Some of them are "spoon-ended" and some are screw-on, whilst others are "blade". The ones shown are the flat unsprung type (as said you can cut them down). You can get the more normal looking sprung ones....

Try CBS. But also look at the Tex auto website. You can but stuff off them direct. They do sprung blades from 8" up.... If you're using spoon ended wiper arms and need some 9" or 10" blades let me know (I needed 8"!!).....

dr-fastlane - 11/7/07 at 01:29 PM

I’ve found them (very cheap) at a local boat shop here in the Netherlands. And fit onto the mini wiper arms.

www.holden.co.uk sell them to.

Thanks!

[Edited on 11/7/07 by dr-fastlane]