Board logo

wet newark
VIENTOV8 - 15/6/13 at 04:09 PM

just got back from newark in the pouring rain with no roof on, lightweight v8 and deep water on the A46 not a good combination, the car was all over the place, felt like it was floating with very little feel on the steering , not reccomended, going again tomorrow, i must be mad.

Irony - 15/6/13 at 04:22 PM

Good to see you today and hopefully next year I'll be in my Viento

VIENTOV8 - 15/6/13 at 04:43 PM

hi thanks, look forward to seeing your car.
andrew.

SteveWallace - 15/6/13 at 05:34 PM

Well done for making the effort, good to see you. Viento's a bit thin on the ground this year, but hopefully I will be adding mine to the list next year instead of being in the tin top.

Stott - 15/6/13 at 06:49 PM

was it any better than last year?

I went only to find fields full of little white paper signs on sticks with naff all cars! people with brollies blowing inside out etc, it really was the pits. I did however manage to buy all the little trim bits I needed for the RH.

Relph - 15/6/13 at 07:36 PM

Well done for going today, hopefully it will be alittle drier tomorrow.
Well at least I hope so, I'll be there in the MK.

theduck - 15/6/13 at 07:36 PM

It was a smaller stoneleigh. I enjoyed it as did my father in law, but certainly not as big or well attended as stoneleigh. Also because of poor attendance stands were spread a bit wide

HowardB - 15/6/13 at 07:45 PM

l went in the fury!! first run-in 2 years! It was quiet,but the weatherwas not kind. I got soaked! Still good fun! l plan to be back next year,

RoadkillUK - 15/6/13 at 09:03 PM

I here now, the music isn't the best but I'm drinking cider so it's all good. Drove here from Bradford didn't get wet, car misbehaved a little but not got wet yet.

adithorp - 15/6/13 at 09:28 PM

This has made me feel a bit better. I was planning to go today but we called it off based on the weather forecast. Went to work this morning instead and... the suns been out all day here (apart from a couple of small showers) so was a bit pissed off; Relief to know I didn't miss out.

Going tomorrow now with Dan G

VIENTOV8 - 16/6/13 at 07:28 PM

today sunday was a lot better, good weather and a lot more cars than saturday,but i was the only viento there, i had a great drive too and from the show, next show donnington, i will be there both days.
andrew.

coozer - 16/6/13 at 07:33 PM

I went on Friday, back just now, fantastic weekend, fantastic chatting with peeps, cannot wait for the next one

RoadkillUK - 16/6/13 at 07:34 PM

I have some photos here if you would like to take a look.

Flickr Photo link

wilkingj - 12/8/13 at 07:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by VIENTOV8
just got back from newark in the pouring rain with no roof on, lightweight v8 and deep water on the A46 not a good combination, the car was all over the place, felt like it was floating with very little feel on the steering , not reccomended, going again tomorrow, i must be mad.

In life... When you dont get what you want... You DO get some experience.

Now you know what a lightweight car with a lot of torque and power drives like in the wet.
I would not take my V8 Viento out even when it was damp. let alone wet, as they become a real handfull. Its SO easy to break traction with that weight / power.
Its a learning curve, and a reminder to take it easy if the roads are wet or even damp.

We dont want to hear about you having to do a rebuild job on it.

Enjoy, and take care.