Board logo

Cant print!!
fullpint - 26/2/13 at 04:35 PM

Since having a health check done on my HP 520 for some reason I am not able to print emails or web pages!!
Word docs is fine but if I try to print a page from a forum, web site or even just an email I get a message

Line; 2126
Char; 1
Error; Invalid procedure call or argument
Code; 0
URL; res://ieframe.dll/preview.js
I did go back to Currys and told them of my problem only for them to say 'nothing we done would have changed that'!!
Cheers...

britishtrident - 26/2/13 at 05:58 PM

It is likely they have down loaded a MS update that dosen't work with your printer driver. Most likely cure is to down load and install the latest printer driver from HP

Not Anumber - 26/2/13 at 06:27 PM

Have you tried it on any other computers yet ?

Pdlewis - 26/2/13 at 06:33 PM

Looks like an IE issue

see here

fullpint - 26/2/13 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pdlewis
Looks like an IE issue

see here

Looks good but it always worries me doing stuff like that!! Im no techno head so I get a little jumpy.
As for using another pc. Yes we can print from the same printer but using the wifes laptop..
Downlaoded the latest driver for my samsung printer but still cant print emails etc. Test page printer just fine so my guess is that the printer is not all fault

MikeRJ - 26/2/13 at 07:31 PM

Run the "Fix It" wizard directly from the Microsoft support page to reset IE settings without having to use the command line or registry editor etc.

britishtrident - 26/2/13 at 07:42 PM

Of course the real cure is switch to Firefox or Chrome.

Barkalarr - 26/2/13 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
Of course the real cure is switch to Firefox or Chrome.

+1

fullpint - 26/2/13 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
Run the "Fix It" wizard directly from the Microsoft support page to reset IE settings without having to use the command line or registry editor etc.

Just tried that and still no change!! Well only change was all the web pages are half the size and you have to expand them to obtain full screen.. So went back to restore..
Firefox and Chrome!! Ok will do a search to see if I have these on my PC.. Dont think I have Chrome though.