Board logo

Painted my Locost in the garage - timelapse video
f27 - 9/4/17 at 03:35 PM

Hi,

Just thought I'd share this, as I was searching for something similar to watch before I took the plunge.

I race in the 750MC Locost championship, and wanted to bring some colour to my black car. I had a spray gun (a Devilbliss), I had bought paint a while ago (I went for Renault Liquid Yellow Pearl - a 2 stage cellulose paint) and had decided on using Matt Lacquer to be a bit different. I was doing it at short notice, and my local paint place only had the primer and lacquer in rattle cans.

Briefly, I sheeted off the garage (although I took my time and did this well everything got covered in lots of yellow dust, as I didn't have any windows or door open, as it was really cold outside) I rubbed the paint down with 600 paper, did 2 coats of lacquer, 2 coats of base paint, 2 coats of top pearl paint, then 2 coats of lacquer. I took the masking off before the paint had dried, so it didn't lift the paint. Anyway, here:

https://youtu.be/C82FVmI29xs

Hodor - 10/4/17 at 10:19 PM

Nice job, like the matt finish. Will remember that for future projects. Was half expecting Heisenberg to turn up in the tented area. He didn't show, but there was some crack there.

swanny - 11/4/17 at 07:06 AM

thats a lovely colour

loggyboy - 11/4/17 at 09:26 AM

Looks very cool. Liquid Yellow is one of my fave Clio colours. Think i would have 'ummed' and 'ahhed' over gloss though.