Board logo

car graffiti
Mr Whippy - 17/4/18 at 11:59 AM

As some of you will know I have my old Volvo S60 camouflage but noticed quite a few cars with amazing graffiti on them.

Sadly my misspent youth was not that misspent so I have zero talent for such things...

Anyone know where locally'ish (Aberdeen) I could get someone to paint all over my car?! for sensible money...free would be better

redturner - 17/4/18 at 12:26 PM

What about your local art college, I'll bet some one would jump at the chance of a clear canvas to practice on.....

nick205 - 17/4/18 at 12:38 PM

A good thing you don't live near me - my 12 year old son would have a field day with spray paint all over your car for you. It might not look great afterwards though

redturner - 17/4/18 at 12:53 PM

Now there's a thought. Take the car and a load of rattle cans to your local junior school, mask of the important bits and step back for half an hour. They will love it..........

ken555 - 17/4/18 at 02:17 PM

Blackboard paint on it, then give people chalk.

Shooter63 - 17/4/18 at 05:44 PM

Drive to Hackney in east London, leave car parked for a day and job done

Shooter

slingshot2000 - 17/4/18 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shooter63
Drive to Hackney in east London, leave car parked for a day and job done

Shooter

^^^^^^^^

tegwin - 17/4/18 at 06:16 PM

Drive around some of the less salubrious parts of town, if you see any graffiti you like it's probably got the artists tag somewhere on/near it.... google/search on instagram and I bet you could find one or two of them and contact them directly....

bi22le - 17/4/18 at 07:29 PM

A long story but. . . .

I love old fords and have been going to ford fair for the last 10ish years.

About 2 years ago I was going to take the kit car. A few people take and show off random cars , and take them on track.

I was thinking of getting a chalk pen and writing all over my car for the day, stuff like " your old Sierras also rock my world!" and general nice and funny things, let other people write stuff, just get in the spirit.

Anyway, I was going to book up and then spotted that strictly only fords were allowed on track and access will be refused for any other make. I was surprised as I always spotted random makes on track. It was good to see 400bhp cossies nose-to-tail with EVOs.

So I didn't book in the end, and that is the closest I have come to graffiti my car!!

[Edited on 17/4/18 by bi22le]

nick205 - 18/4/18 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
A long story but. . . .

I love old fords and have been going to ford fair for the last 10ish years.

About 2 years ago I was going to take the kit car. A few people take and show off random cars , and take them on track.

I was thinking of getting a chalk pen and writing all over my car for the day, stuff like " your old Sierras also rock my world!" and general nice and funny things, let other people write stuff, just get in the spirit.

Anyway, I was going to book up and then spotted that strictly only fords were allowed on track and access will be refused for any other make. I was surprised as I always spotted random makes on track. It was good to see 400bhp cossies nose-to-tail with EVOs.

So I didn't book in the end, and that is the closest I have come to graffiti my car!!

[Edited on 17/4/18 by bi22le]

Nice story!

My work colleagues (amongst others) couldn't believe that my MK Indy used a Ford Sierra Saphire as a donor car. When taken for rides they generally commented that "2.0 Pinto Sierra Saphires weren't that fast". True, they don't accelerate that quicky, but they were sound enough rep wagons in their day

A shame if they wouldn't let you on track for not being a Ford - I'd even stick Ford badges on the front/rear of the kit to try and make a point

Mr Whippy - 18/4/18 at 08:01 AM

hmm some good suggestions there

shame in a way I never got in with the "wrong crowd"

jossey - 18/4/18 at 03:52 PM

My mrs painted a teenage mutant ninja turtle on her dads bonnet. Not planned lol

Mr Whippy - 19/4/18 at 12:09 PM

Found a guy called Dan on Gumtree who seems very capable and very reasonable price wise. Will be June at the earliest to get it done due to commitments but sounds promising

Ugg10 - 19/4/18 at 03:55 PM

Sounds like an interesting project, some of the street art is brilliant (a lot not so though).

Have you thought about surface prep before he sprays it as I suspect just putting spray can paint over a lacquered surface may not give the best or long lasting results. Also are you going to clear lacquer it afterwards to preserve it for posterity may also make the colours brighter.

Lots of pictures needed I feel !!!