Board logo

pics of luggage "racks"
Jonte - 27/7/05 at 08:43 AM

Donīt know if itīs called luggage rack, but I would like some pics of different solutions on racks for the rear end.

Something like this on a Truimph, but for my 7

[Edited on 27-7-05 by Jonte]

James - 27/7/05 at 08:57 AM

I've sometimes thought that a variation of the BMW Z3 luggage rack would look nice.

Z3 Luggage rack
Z3 Luggage rack

HTH,
James

bob - 27/7/05 at 09:04 AM

There has been talk between some of the MK roll cage owners of fitting a small roof box on the top,i know it would look a bit naff but it would be functional for touring and carry a lot more than a bag on the boot.

Also could act as a cover.

[Edited on 27/7/05 by bob]

steve m - 27/7/05 at 09:12 AM

Bob

We did alright with a bag on the boot

steve

[Edited on 27/7/05 by steve m]

Fozzie - 27/7/05 at 09:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bob
There has been talk between some of the MK roll cage owners of fitting a small roof box on the top,i know it would look a bit naff but it would be functional for touring and carry a lot more than a bag on the boot.

Yup Bob I am working on the design at the mo, as you know I was at first against the idea, but it does make sense! for me, its got to be entirely detachable when not 'touring', and I expect other MK 'cagers' would think the same too! Doing it in me 'spare' time, so it won't be immediate I am afraid, I have got the financial 'year-end' to cope with this month...
Shall keep all posted.

ATB fozzie

Bluemoon - 27/7/05 at 09:59 AM

Working on a slightly different approach on our MK, we are welding on a detachable tow hitch (fabricating the bits at the moment) for a small trailer. As we plan to have a spare wheel we have two box sections under the car ether side of the wheel. These are welded on the back, and you can't see them. The tow-hitch the tow assembly slides in to these. The idea is to also allow a luggage rack/box to be attached via the same mounting.

Fozzie - 27/7/05 at 10:14 AM

Designed and fitted my own rear wheel carrier, which has fittings into the chassis as you describe. But the roll cage rear stays, dont allow for much of a box. Not too keen (myself) on the trailer option though.

Fozzie Rescued attachment 2aFozzie Walton Mountain.jpg
Rescued attachment 2aFozzie Walton Mountain.jpg

Jonte - 27/7/05 at 11:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bob

You mean something like a skibox?

well, thatīs not an option for me

Fozzie - 27/7/05 at 11:20 AM

Fozzie

V8Dave - 27/7/05 at 11:46 AM

Theres a guy who makes racks which attach to rollbars for westfields circa Ģ100
email him on paul@therevlimit.co.uk for more info

Paul Ash - 27/7/05 at 01:58 PM

Contact me for details if interested

alfasudsprint - 27/7/05 at 02:06 PM

Jonte,
I thought of a rack vertically in front of the spare wheel on the rear panel...

alfasudsprint - 27/7/05 at 02:11 PM

like this from a morgan (http://www.morgan-spares.com/Graphics/accessory_pics/ss4seaterrack.jpg)
I dont particulalry like the size and shape, I think smaller would be better, but you get the idea!

Guinness - 27/7/05 at 05:44 PM

I've just driven to Edinburgh (and back) today. I saw an old Morgan style three wheeler going the other way. He had a motorbike style top box on the back. Looked good to me!

Givi

Mike

Marcus - 30/7/05 at 03:35 PM

This works:

Rack
Rack

Got my gearbox home from Manchester too!

Gearbox
Gearbox

Marcus

DarrenW - 1/8/05 at 08:18 AM

I was reading the RH brochure that came with one of the recent mags (PPC??). One of the new RH cars (not the lightweight) has an interesting luggage rack. Coule be worth a look (it might be on the website).

piddy - 28/10/05 at 08:06 PM

I like this one tiger at Stoneleigh Rescued attachment 11.jpg
Rescued attachment 11.jpg

piddy - 28/10/05 at 08:08 PM

better picture Rescued attachment 1 rack.jpg
Rescued attachment 1 rack.jpg

Peteff - 28/10/05 at 08:57 PM

That's a bathroom towel drier isn't it?

Rorty - 29/10/05 at 07:14 AM

I think you're right Pete. I think he's plumbed the whole car; If you look really closely you can see the bleed valve on the roll bar.

zzrpowerd-locost - 29/10/05 at 07:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus
This works:

Rack
Rack

Got my gearbox home from Manchester too!

Gearbox
Gearbox

Marcus

pmsl!

Who says 7's arent practical! :

Note towbar too

[Edited on 29-10-05 by zzrpowerd-locost]

Marcus - 30/10/05 at 07:36 PM

Yeah, the gearbox was a test for the rack in preparation for the South of France trip - held up rather well!!

DescriptionEurotunnel
DescriptionEurotunnel

Marcus