Board logo

Mirrors and full cage
Avoneer - 11/7/07 at 09:03 PM

Anyone got a good solution for fitting mirrors to a full cage that would meet SVA?

I was thinking simple round scooter mirrors with an 8mm thread and a ring of ali round the cage leg and the ends bend out at 90 degrees and the 8mm thread of the mirror clamping it tight.

Pat...

Avoneer - 11/7/07 at 09:06 PM

Or shall I just fit some tidy mirrors to the scuttle?

Thanks,

Pat...

blakep82 - 11/7/07 at 09:07 PM

my pickup chassis has rivnuts (i think they're called) drilled and pressed into a non structural tube

Fozzie - 11/7/07 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
Or shall I just fit some tidy mirrors to the scuttle?

Thanks,

Pat...

IMHO... nice tidy mirrors on the scuttle!
No problems at all with SVA....

Fozzie

shortie - 11/7/07 at 09:31 PM

Yep, nice mirrors on scuttle

marc n - 11/7/07 at 09:39 PM

could use rubber lined metal p clips

best regards

marc

Avoneer - 11/7/07 at 10:00 PM

Cheers Marc - simple!

I have a pair of racetech's that I was going to use after SVA and rivet the neat bracket to my cage, but now I don't know whether to use some motorbike ones on the scuttle.

Hmmmm,

Pat...

Avoneer - 11/7/07 at 10:04 PM

What's the normal bike ones that everyones using?

May buy some and see what looks best when the time comes.

Pat...

Fozzie - 11/7/07 at 10:07 PM

I used Fireblade mirrors Pat.

Fozzie

Avoneer - 11/7/07 at 10:10 PM

Are they the norm that eveyone seems to be using Auntie Fozzie?

Ta,

Pat...

ReMan - 11/7/07 at 10:21 PM

mainly, also R1 mirrors popular too.
I found they sat at a better amgel and the "boot " still worked properly with little modification.

TimC - 11/7/07 at 10:23 PM

Doesn't help you on side mirrors but have you seen the large roll-bar mounted mirrors that some of the RGB boys use? I think they're from Longacre and look perfect.

Fozzie - 11/7/07 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
Are they the norm that eveyone seems to be using Auntie Fozzie?

Ta,

Pat...

Oi! ya cheeky whipper-snapper !!!...

I got mine about 4 years ago now, they do sit nicely, and can be adjusted like normal mirrors!....

I don't know what others with cages fitted for SVA have used, I expect since I got mine (which are 'E' marked btw), there are more choices.....

As far as I know, I was the first to SVA with full cage in situ... (well down south anyway...according to Mitcham VOSA).

Fozzie

worX - 12/7/07 at 05:44 AM

they aren't that easy to see, but there is a pair of mirrors mounted directly onto this cage from MAC1

Steve

Description
Description

Danozeman - 12/7/07 at 05:47 AM

Ive got these hayabusa ones to go on my scuttle. Theyr cbr ones i have on there are the minute and i can see bugger all as theyr small. I havent sva'd yet though.