Board logo

7" LED headlights
mark chandler - 9/4/16 at 07:27 AM

Seen these on eBay

eBay Item

Not worried about IVA, I do want to pass an MOT, how does dip work on LED,s are they directional like bulbs or just point down more accurately so not handed?

Cheers Mark

loggyboy - 9/4/16 at 07:55 AM

The projector lens will bend light to the required direction. I assume each lens has a purpose on those. Top will be mains, bottom will be heads. 2 on side must be sides or just decorative.

adithorp - 9/4/16 at 09:55 AM

I got a set of 5 3/4" ones from russbost when he started selling them. They're really good though getting them to fit in the Fury bowls took so.E creative thinking. The dip/main by switching on/off LEDs focused in different ways.

russbost - 9/4/16 at 01:11 PM

They look very similar to what we sell, but ours have the DRL & indicator "Halo" around the outside, hence these are much cheaper - they are however in Hong Kong & you may get caught for some import duty. His feedback is only 98.8% which is a little low for Ebay

Only other thing I'd be slightly bothered about is that he describes them as "Round Fog Head Light Amber LED Cree Angle Eyes" - if they are foglights they are NOT headlights, can't be both, they shouldn't be amber unless they have the indicator halo, which they don't & angel eyes would also imply the halo being there which so far as I can see it isn't - in the technical description it does talk about low & high beam which would obviously be correct for headlamps - all rather ambiguous??

fha772 - 9/4/16 at 05:58 PM

Russbost, have you got a link to yours?
Do you have 5 3/4", and 7"?

loggyboy - 9/4/16 at 07:22 PM

https://furoreproducts.co.uk/led-headlights

fha772 - 9/4/16 at 08:07 PM

Thanks, they look perfect, I after a pair of 7" for my Jeep cj, and a pair of 5 3/4" for my Dodge wc62...

russbost - 10/4/16 at 05:26 PM

Talk to Oli. member name Obuckle on here, or you can email him thro' the furoreproducts.co.uk website, I'm sure he can sort you out a good deal.
He has both the 7" with halo type, which have indicators & DRL's as well as dip/main beam or he has the "spider eyes" type which have just the DRL & dip/main, I do know he's pretty short of stock on the 5 & 3/4", but more are on their way

Cheers Russ