Board logo

Fast n LOUD
woodster - 9/12/12 at 12:29 PM

My current fav American car build show , across between my name is earl and American chopper but with cars

http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/

On discovery channel today

woodster - 9/12/12 at 12:34 PM

Should add with a touch of zz top

Wheels244 - 9/12/12 at 01:00 PM

I watch it too.

I think the 'Loud' bit is the owner who does the buying/selling !

They do turn quality cars - most of the time.

The thing I do like is they factor in the labour costs when they value the cars.

woodster - 9/12/12 at 01:15 PM

I'm loving the chinky bird with the attitude

blakep82 - 9/12/12 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by woodster
I'm loving the chinky bird with the attitude

i like how he turns up with the impala interior, and the first thing she says is "you always do this to me!"
she does car upholstery, thats her job lol

AndyW - 9/12/12 at 01:41 PM

LOVE IT

Mr G - 9/12/12 at 02:33 PM

I've moved onto Graveyard Carz

Confused but excited. - 9/12/12 at 03:20 PM

I wondered what Grissom was doing, now that he's left CSI.
He looks good now that he's lost a bit of weight and found out about Grecian 2000.

johnny chimpo - 9/12/12 at 04:12 PM

I've recently got into this aswell..... I seem to be checking channels 520 - 530 first when im looking for something to watch rather than any other channels.

Cant believe the money they get, or sometimes dont get for the cars they produce!

coozer - 9/12/12 at 04:52 PM

Yes, I like it as well, some cool cars..

Only thing I hate is them paying $4500 for a brand new V8 and gearbox! Wish we could do that over here..

The next show to watch out for is Jesse James: Outlaw Garage, whenever it arrives over here..

woodster - 9/12/12 at 08:48 PM

I'll being watching Jesse that guys a legend in the bike world .. I think at the moment discoverys putting on some really good programmes, they've come a long way from the early American chopper series.

ChrisW - 9/12/12 at 09:05 PM

Fast and Loud is great. Even the Mrs likes watching it, although secretly I think it's because she fancies that Richard guy.

If anyone has a Bitmetv account the Jesse James series is available on there up to episode 5. Annoyingly I don't have a suitable to download it on at the moment!

Chris

sdh2903 - 9/12/12 at 09:30 PM

yep been watching too, really like how they show Labour costs and also when they lose money they don't hide it.

Sue is class, "he smells more like ass monkey!" The painter churns out some really nice work too.

Alan B - 10/12/12 at 04:24 PM

Ah..good find guys...I shall have to watch it tonight

Alan B - 11/12/12 at 02:05 AM

Yep...watched two episodes...good show...still a lot of dicking about like most shows, but overall pretty decent...

woodster - 18/12/12 at 08:03 PM

Now on discovery

ChrisW - 26/3/13 at 06:50 PM

Warning: Thread resurrection!

Anyone else spotted series 2 has started in the States? I know what I'll be doing this evening!

Chris

woodster - 26/3/13 at 07:41 PM

The fast and loud guys have recently turned up in the new American chopper series , they're going to be competing in a bike build off against senior and his occ guys, junior and his guys and Jessie James

[Edited on 26/3/13 by woodster]

omega 24 v6 - 26/3/13 at 07:48 PM

quote:

The thing I do like is they factor in the labour costs when they value the cars.

Unlike Brewer and china who never do. If they did it'd be plainly obvious they always ( well nine times out of ten) make a loss.

ChrisW - 26/3/13 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by woodster
The fast and loud guys have recently turned up in the new American chopper series , they're going to be competing in a bike build off against senior and his occ guys, junior and his guys and Jessie James

[Edited on 26/3/13 by woodster]

The last two episodes of series one showed the build up to the build off, but I've not seen the actual show itself. Has that been shown yet?

That said, I'm not sure if we got those episodes over here? I downloaded them... *ahem*

Chris

woodster - 26/3/13 at 07:53 PM

I don't think it's been shown yet, I didn't want to google it just incase it gives the result

fesycresy - 26/3/13 at 08:11 PM

I watched Episode 1 and 2 (Series 2) on YouTube last Friday afternoon.

Had some funny looks in work but had to watch until the end. Best episode so far !!!