Board logo

Floor mats for my car?
jps - 17/5/13 at 04:35 PM

Not locost related - i've bought a Kia Ceed Sportswagen (the estate) and don't want to fork out for the 'official' mats. Does anyone have recommendations for decent alternatives. I don't really want to buy the 1-size-fits-all offerings from Halfords if I can get a decent tailored alternative cheaper than the manufacturers ones...

nick205 - 17/5/13 at 05:04 PM

Can't remember the seller, but I got a set of tailored mats for my Passat off eBay. £75 IIRC, decent quality, with properly bound edges and have lasted very well for 2 years so far.

Stott - 17/5/13 at 06:13 PM

I don't want to sound condescending but if you haven't already, I'd check the price with Kia first as I normally find dealers cheaper for mats, for instance a set for my fabia from skoda are £36 and for a new octavia 4 piece set is £46. This was also the case when I bought a new fiesta, ford were the cheapest.

Atb
Stott

Edit: just looked on the Kia accessories site and they list them for £53.99, (if i picked the right ceed sw) if it were me I'd go for those

[Edited on 17/5/13 by Stott]

theduck - 17/5/13 at 06:57 PM

Agree with the above, for tailored matts dealers are normally the best bet n

morcus - 17/5/13 at 09:47 PM

Have a look at the supermarket, probably won't get tailored mats as such but find some that are close enough. They're somethign thats almost always on offer. I had a set of generic Tesco mats in a brand new Panda that I had for 3 years.