Board logo

anyone here do insanity workout dvd's
daniel mason - 23/3/12 at 10:05 PM

am struggling wth certain ares of these dvd's as im just finding them too tough.but always the same place on the dvd's. my fit test results are improving but im starting to plateau at certain stages.
on the plyometric cardio i am fine until i get to ski abs and in/out abs but struggle to maintain pace during these intervals (it is about 30 mins into circuit training)
and on pure cardio i struggle with switch kicks and football sprints! but i can go almost flat out for every exercise apart from these 2!
any ideas how i can get through these stages,without taking it easier at earlier parts of the dvd's to save energy.
for those who dont know,its interval training and every exercise is flat out for the allotted time! and either 30 seconds rest between circuits, or no rest in the pure cardio.

Peteff - 23/3/12 at 10:35 PM

I have trouble with eyelid push ups

[Edited on 24/3/12 by Peteff]

Ninehigh - 23/3/12 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

I'm struggling with the c0ck push ups

RK - 24/3/12 at 12:38 AM

To answer the question: no, you are completely on your own. You don't really think there is anybody remotely resembling Jenson Hamilton McNish around here do you???

MkIndy7 - 24/3/12 at 12:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:

Jack Black said one is all you need?

D Beddows - 24/3/12 at 12:51 AM

lol, how many of us have you actually met in person

RK - 24/3/12 at 01:08 AM

enough...

Ninehigh - 24/3/12 at 06:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MkIndy7
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:

Jack Black said one is all you need?

Yeah... I can do half...

daniel mason - 24/3/12 at 07:00 AM

There loads of sporty types in here including a world level kickboxer

Peteff - 24/3/12 at 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
There loads of sporty types in here including a world level kickboxer

You mean James, he's a clog dancer isn't he ? (Savate isn't kick boxing, it's French foot fighting)

liam.mccaffrey - 24/3/12 at 09:43 AM

Not done insanity but my wife has done p90x she is proper fit, I got about 3 weeks in before my back gave in and i couldn't move.

RK - 24/3/12 at 12:02 PM

Way to go Liam to bring everyone back to reality. This place has an image to maintaine.

Ninehigh - 24/3/12 at 07:31 PM

I think my fitness claim is that I'm about the same weight as the average WWE wrestler...

Same weight...

daniel mason - 24/3/12 at 08:26 PM

Was looking Into p90x next but the cardio is no where near the levels of insanity. But lots more weights/strength work. I've watched all the adverts for it.
Just think of the money you could save from trying to extract every horse power possible when a good diet and exercise would shed more weight, increase power to weight!
Or should I forget this method, eat some pies and stick a turbo on it? Lol

RK - 25/3/12 at 01:19 AM

I think you know the answer to that.

Coopz - 25/3/12 at 06:02 AM

I prefer to spend my time in the gym, rather than sit and watch a DVD

Mr G - 31/3/12 at 11:33 AM

Just got my first week of p90x out of the way, the missus gets a work out too every day picking me up off the lounge floor and carrying me to bed at the end

G