Board logo

Halloween turntable inspiration
ReMan - 29/10/12 at 08:42 PM

Not being one to plan ahead, we think it would be nice to carve the pumpkin on 2 sides and put it on a turntable

OK with household/garage items and a £5 budget any ideas for something I can do in, oooh 2 hours!!!!!!!

dave r - 29/10/12 at 08:51 PM

microwave turntable/motor

ReMan - 29/10/12 at 08:56 PM

I have a nasty feeling swimbo will be cross if I remove the turntable from the new microwave, and I had to give the old one back to argos ;-)

ReMan - 29/10/12 at 09:07 PM

Just had a flash of inspiration!
My electric drill (rechargeable)
Bosch, 2 speed, but even on slowest speed its doing about 20rpm.
Too fast. Next.

steve m - 29/10/12 at 09:13 PM

Put it on a large plate, and place in a bowl/tray of water and manually spin it ?

sheepish0001 - 29/10/12 at 09:13 PM

gear it down a bit with some pulleys and string

Poorscousertommy - 29/10/12 at 09:14 PM

Some kind of belt drive from the drill (pair of tights??)? Use something with larger diameter (bin lid?) and so would gear the rotational speed down??

Poorscousertommy - 29/10/12 at 09:15 PM

Too slow as always

StevieB - 29/10/12 at 09:19 PM

Got an old record player?

Mighht still be a bit quick mind, even if you do happen to have such an archaic old thing knocking around

Mr G - 29/10/12 at 09:42 PM

Battery operated cheap little kids train set, the more bulky ones for the youngsters, make a complete circle with as many carriages as you can fit on. Make sure the wheels will have good traction with the extra weight. Bit of light hardboard on top and a pumpkin.

For added effect make the train look like a ghost train

Cheers

G

ReMan - 29/10/12 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Put it on a large plate, and place in a bowl/tray of water and manually spin it ?

And hand out the sweets as well
That really would scare the children Jimmy

ReMan - 29/10/12 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr G
Battery operated cheap little kids train set, the more bulky ones for the youngsters, make a complete circle with as many carriages as you can fit on. Make sure the wheels will have good traction with the extra weight. Bit of light hardboard on top and a pumpkin.

For added effect make the train look like a ghost train

Cheers

G

Thats well out of the square thinking

This thing has got to sit on our drive though....

gremlin1234 - 29/10/12 at 10:35 PM

horizontal bicycle wheel,
and drill chuck on edge of rim/tyre to turn it

owelly - 29/10/12 at 11:20 PM

Float it in a bowl and cut a fan/propellor to go on the top. The heat from the candle will cause it to turn.
Thankyou, I'll take my fee in cakes...

kipper - 30/10/12 at 08:02 AM

No-one mentioned a fee, if there is a fee I will get my thinking head on .mmmmmmmmm cakes