Board logo

Car forums recommendation
Sprytny - 10/6/10 at 09:40 PM

Can any backroomers recommend a good car forum for mechanical advice etc, as good as this one! I haven't come accross many good ones.
Many thanks

cliftyhanger - 10/6/10 at 09:45 PM

they tend to be make specific........when I had a citroen (it was an excellent bus!) I found a great forum for tech advice. Must say the Vauxhall ones I have tried have been rather hit and miss.....but they have to be the first place to look.

skodaman - 10/6/10 at 09:52 PM

The Rover 800 forum is great but rather pre-occupied with sorting out the abysmal electrics on these cars.

Mr G - 10/6/10 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sprytny
Can any backroomers recommend a good car forum for mechanical advice etc, as good as this one! I haven't come accross many good ones.
Many thanks

Honest John - Backroom

Sprytny - 10/6/10 at 10:17 PM

Are there any further forums like perhaps honestjohn that you mention? Are there anyother locost forums to check out?

fha772 - 10/6/10 at 10:41 PM

Have you tried the Practical Performance Car forum?

I post on there alot, and have got the answers to my questions most of the time, or at least been pointed in the right direction for an answer (it's how I ended up here!!).

norfolkluego - 10/6/10 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Many thanks

You've just posted on the best one !

dhutch - 10/6/10 at 11:19 PM

Pug306.net is good for 306's....

Can get a bit chav-tastic in areas but generally they know the cars inside out and any issue you have will not be the first time.

Daniel

speedyxjs - 11/6/10 at 05:57 AM

I dont think there are any better non specific car forums than this one.

mad4x4 - 11/6/10 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Are there any further forums like perhaps honestjohn that you mention? Are there anyother locost forums to check out?

What about Jock7s and Scottish Kit Car Club

also a General forum of Haynes Forum but not sure what that is like

[Edited on 11/606/10 by mad4x4]

bi22le - 11/6/10 at 12:47 PM

This one is the best.

Try it. . . Go on . . . . .make our day!!!!

hicost blade - 11/6/10 at 07:04 PM

Try this one:

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/