Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a couple of Q's for blakep82
mad-butcher

posted on 16/3/09 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
a couple of Q's for blakep82

like the pickup just a couple of questions are you planning on putting it on the road and 2 if so is it definable as a pickup.just wondering as reading through the VOSA blurb passenger cars M1 come under IVA, N1 light goods vehicles pickups, vans don't come in on the IVA untill 29th Oct 2011

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dinosaurjuice

posted on 16/3/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
could a kitcar with an open boot area be classed as a pickup?

im sensing a loophole that needs taking advantage of...

blakep82

posted on 16/3/09 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
its a very good question. i had thought about trying to test it as a good vehicle, but i think i'd struggle to convince a tester that the chassis was ever a good vehicle

i had thought about it last year, but decided against it i think on the basis that it can't hold anything, and a tester could refuse to test it

kit car with open boot would never make it through i think sva says the load area (the bed of the pickup) has to make up at least half the total length of the vehicle or something

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mad-butcher

posted on 16/3/09 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
couldn't you make up a detatchable box/roof like some of the jap 4x4's therefore a small van
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hugh Paterson

posted on 16/3/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Oh aye dont know, turn up with a couple of crates of milk on the back and a "list" o customers and who could doubt u r the fastest milkman in the west!!!
Shug

designer

posted on 16/3/09 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
The rules on kit classification were changed a few years ago.

The Kaig, one of which I have in bits, cannot be classed as a LDV, van, or light goods.

blakep82

posted on 16/3/09 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
i did wonder about mounting a petrol pressure washer, and some sort of water hopper, and say ot was for cleaning wheelie bins or something. reckon they'd see through it though :L

like shugs milkman idea too, call myself Pat Mustard

milkmen do it on your doorstep lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.