Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: breaking news
02GF74

posted on 14/5/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
,i have seen the rise of Poland from a tatty hole where if you were lucky you had a trabant, now everyone has a merc or BMW.

Sorry but you are talking rubbish. Not everyone has a merc nor bmw and it was not certainly paid for by the EU.

Take a look in the history books to see why Poland was a tatty hole - to help you out: Yalta conference. After WW2 ended, Roosevelt and Churchill, despite having promised to ensure Poland would become a free state, reneged under pressure from Stalin and sold out Poland and other Eastern european countries to the Soviets. The Soviets ruined those countires so it is no surprised a Trabant was a luxury. Poland and the other Eastern European now shaken of the shackles Soviet rule are playing catch up so it is more like the West, like what it should have been if it were not for Yalta.

foskid

posted on 14/5/12 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled
Hey conradkid

You seem to have some form of perverse pleasure in others misfortune. Its no joke to witness a nation on its knees. Do you think your "little Island" will be immune from fall out if the Eurozone collapses??. Be careful what you wish for.

I think that was a little out of order, I saw no evidence of "Schadenfreude" there. The only people who are in favour of the euro are the bar stewards who are making money out of it to the detriment of all the rest of us. The euro is a currency that should have been drowned at birth.

He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career.
George Bernard Shaw

Simon

posted on 14/5/12 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
,i have seen the rise of Poland from a tatty hole where if you were lucky you had a trabant, now everyone has a merc or BMW.

Sorry but you are talking rubbish. Not everyone has a merc nor bmw and it was not certainly paid for by the EU.

Take a look in the history books to see why Poland was a tatty hole - to help you out: Yalta conference. After WW2 ended, Roosevelt and Churchill, despite having promised to ensure Poland would become a free state, reneged under pressure from Stalin and sold out Poland and other Eastern european countries to the Soviets. The Soviets ruined those countires so it is no surprised a Trabant was a luxury. Poland and the other Eastern European now shaken of the shackles Soviet rule are playing catch up so it is more like the West, like what it should have been if it were not for Yalta.

The point isn't about what happened 60 years ago, the point is going from a derelict, neglected nation created by being part of the soviet union until recently and the eu (read us) paying to bring the country up to a reasonable standard today. Hmm, being part of the soviet union brought down standards in a whole load of countries - is being part of the eu going to do the same to the rest of us!

I doubt the greeks will be out of the euro, the germans won't allow it because it'll be a failure of its little experiment. The french do as the germans tell them anyway so they'll be insist the rest of the eurozone carryon bailing out all the not so well off territories.

You need to bear in mind the the accountants for the EU have never signed off on the eu's accounts cos they never tally. Bent from the top down basically!

ATB

Simon

ashg

posted on 14/5/12 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
The interesting thing is if everyone is in huge debt who has got all the money hmmmm

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

chris mason

posted on 14/5/12 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
The interesting thing is if everyone is in huge debt who has got all the money hmmmm

That's part of the reason the world is in this mess, the money never has and never will exist.

Mr G

posted on 14/5/12 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg

Bernie Ecclestone

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

steve m

posted on 14/5/12 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
is a wanker
woodster

posted on 14/5/12 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Is a midget
RK

posted on 14/5/12 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
And has no money. Or so he says. He does have a lot of cars and real estate (allegedly).

There never was any money; just numbers in a column on a page, on a computer. Seriously. That doesn't mean imaginary figures won't ruin the western world as we know it. Remember, 'real' money, is just a promise to pay the person who has it, with actual stuff/goods. It only represents what the government/bank decides.

blakep82

posted on 14/5/12 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
china seem to be doing alright... thats where i reckon its all gone...

interestingly though, as said above, there never was any money. Money doesn't actually exist. a £10 note isn't money, it says on it, the bank of england (or bank of scotland, royal bank of scotland, clydesdale bank etc) promises to pay the bearer on demand, the sum of £5, £10, £20, £50 etc, all you're handing over is a promise that the bank will pay you, but they never do, they just give you more empty promise IOU's in the form of a bit of paper.

and the banks certainly never gave all these notes over either.

weird isn't it. we all worry about something that doesn't really exist. money is a religion really i guess...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ninehigh

posted on 15/5/12 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
I shall have to ask the bank for ten pounds in exchange for this note.. See what happens

theconrodkid

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote

sorry but,on my first visit there the airport was litrally a tin shed on an old milatary base,the whole place was a dump,go now,the airport has a hotel,cargo area and is 3 stories high,new shopping centres in the main towns,new motorways and many more motorways being built,BM and merc dealers abound,there are new industrial estates and houses poping up.
i was there the day they joined the EU,they was celebrating on the street (i wonder why),everyone with a large garden suddenly called it a farm and got subsidies,the change has been incredible.
where did the money come from?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

franky

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
on the positive side if you're going on holiday in europe your money should go a little further
Agriv8

posted on 15/5/12 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
on the positive side if you're going on holiday in europe your money should go a little further

To buy euros know or see if they creep a little higher 1.22 this morning some say it may get to 1.28 - 1.30 in the comming Months.

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Stott

posted on 15/5/12 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Money does exist - coins. Only the paper money is a promise. If you go into the bank and ask for 10 pounds in exchange for a note as ninehigh says, they'll just give you ten - pounds.

Unless the note says 'put all the money in the brown paper bag and keep quiet', then you might end up with a bag of promises, or jail

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
china seem to be doing alright... thats where i reckon its all gone...

interestingly though, as said above, there never was any money. Money doesn't actually exist. a £10 note isn't money, it says on it, the bank of england (or bank of scotland, royal bank of scotland, clydesdale bank etc) promises to pay the bearer on demand, the sum of £5, £10, £20, £50 etc, all you're handing over is a promise that the bank will pay you, but they never do, they just give you more empty promise IOU's in the form of a bit of paper.

and the banks certainly never gave all these notes over either.

weird isn't it. we all worry about something that doesn't really exist. money is a religion really i guess...

[Edited on 15/5/12 by Stott]

RK

posted on 15/5/12 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, but the vast majority of it does not actually exist. The banks loan out many many many many many times what they actually have on deposit. Where does that come from? Other loans look like money to the fabricators called accountants and so it goes.

The sad part is that the populations think the governments are corrupt (yes even in Canada) and don't trust them to sort it. Why do you think the bridges in Montreal are all falling apart after 30 or 40 years, when others have lasted? Corruption in the construction industry, that's why. This is the real problem nowadays.

Please come to our GP. The city needs the money.

Stott

posted on 15/5/12 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
'twas a joke, I wasn't suggesting there are huge vats of £1 coins stashed around the country, duck tales stylee
RK

posted on 15/5/12 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Never sure these days. People get all bent out of shape on the internet! Optimism does not come naturally to some of us.
02GF74

posted on 15/5/12 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
sorry but,on my first visit there the airport was litrally a tin shed on an old milatary base,the whole place was a dump,go now,the airport has a hotel,cargo area and is 3 stories high,new shopping centres in the main towns,new motorways and many more motorways being built,BM and merc dealers abound,there are new industrial estates and houses poping up.
i was there the day they joined the EU,they was celebrating on the street (i wonder why),everyone with a large garden suddenly called it a farm and got subsidies,the change has been incredible.

rather than starting a pissing match, take a look here

I don't think the extra 207 € is quite enough to trade a Trabant for a BMW..... but at least they have something for show for it, unlike the Greeks who received 282 €. If anyone should be pissed off, it is the Dutch.

theconrodkid

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
i dont want to get into an argument with anyone,my point is,i would rather belive my own eyes that the words of a politico.
the facts are,like certain types of people,if you gave a random selection of people £1000 and came back a month later,some would have a new TV and some trainers,some would have a house.
the Poles have done very well out of europe and when herman knocks on the door they will have something to show,other countries will have last week,s trainers and a broken TV,the poor saps from GB France and Germany are the ones funding all this.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Simon

posted on 15/5/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:

rather than starting a pissing match, take a look here

I don't think the extra 207 € is quite enough to trade a Trabant for a BMW..... but at least they have something for show for it, unlike the Greeks who received 282 €. If anyone should be pissed off, it is the Dutch.

What are you on about - that € 207 per head is what the country got from the EU over its own contributions which amounts to (as it says in the article) "Since its accession to the EU the country has received from the European Union EUR50,344,000,000 - over € 50 billion - same with Poland and every other previously broke country. Who do you think pays for it. If all these countries are receiving this sort of money, it's our country along with france and germany et al who's paying for it.

From that page for the UK:

"In 2010 the taxpayers of United Kingdom contributed to the European Union 136 euros per head over what they received. Since its accession to the EU the country has paid to the European Union EUR 94,944,000,000 over what it has received"

ATB

Simon

Peteff

posted on 15/5/12 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkidi have seen the rise of Poland from a tatty hole where if you were lucky you had a trabant,now everyone has a merc or BMW.

Mostly because they drove their Trabby to Germany and nicked a BMW or Merc and drove it back to Poland Like this. Some of my friends went over to Germany on bikes a couple of years ago and four bikes were stolen, the police found them dumped in a dike waiting to be picked up and just dismissed it out of hand saying it would be Poles.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

02GF74

posted on 16/5/12 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

What are you on about - that € 207 per head is what the country got from the EU over its own contributions which amounts to (as it says in the article) "Since its accession to the EU the country has received from the European Union EUR50,344,000,000 - over € 50 billion - same with Poland and every other previously broke country. Who do you think pays for it. If all these countries are receiving this sort of money, it's our country along with france and germany et al who's paying for it.

What I am in about if you read my post is that of if each person gets € 207 over what they paid, then that is still not enough to purchase a BMW.

02GF74

posted on 16/5/12 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkidi have seen the rise of Poland from a tatty hole where if you were lucky you had a trabant,now everyone has a merc or BMW.

Mostly because they drove their Trabby to Germany and nicked a BMW or Merc and drove it back to Poland Like this. Some of my friends went over to Germany on bikes a couple of years ago and four bikes were stolen, the police found them dumped in a dike waiting to be picked up and just dismissed it out of hand saying it would be Poles.

Jeez, you really are a bunch of closet racists. Why don't we all dress up in jack boots and invade???

So no cars or bikes are stolen by the British then????? l hazzard a guess that the vehicles stolen and taken abroad be it Poland or anywhere else are a tiny fraction of the number of cars stolen by our very own home grown British chavs. (that is my guess)

anyway, I though this was about the greeks?

[Edited on 16/5/12 by 02GF74]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.