Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Worst car ever!!
designer

posted on 1/9/12 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Worst car ever!!

I am in Germany getting my car TUV'd (MOT'd) and have been driving the worst car I have ever driven; and I have driven a lot!

Mini Cooper!! Utter rubbish, everything about it is wrong, it's obviously a marketing master class.

Seats, steering wheel, windscreen, shiny plastic dash, everything is wrong, and it drinks petrol. Even the wife agrees, and that's a first!!

You pull up at the traffic lights and you can't see them because the roof is so far forward!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daddylonglegs

posted on 1/9/12 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
That's because IT'S NOT A MINI!!!

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

zilspeed

posted on 1/9/12 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
You've never driven a Chevrolet Spark, have you ?
emwmarine

posted on 1/9/12 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
I like the Mini.

Handles well. Lively. Bit different to most cars. Good on motorways.

The Peugeot engined ones are very good on petrol.

My cooper s went like stink and was nice in many ways.

Building a Dax Rush.

theconrodkid

posted on 1/9/12 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
you have never driven a transit connect then,most hatefull pile of poo i have had the misfortune to drive since i had an hc viva (remember them) ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Simon

posted on 1/9/12 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
you have never driven a transit connect then,most hatefull pile of poo i have had the misfortune to drive since i had an hc viva (remember them) ?

Hmm, got one at work - drove it to London once and got stuck from backache. Haven't driven it since!

Worst car I had the misfortune to use was a Vauxhall Meriva. Neighbour (farm manager) had an HC and it was fine when we (me and his son) went on it - on the roof through the farm

The Mini was only ever going to be a fashion statement (read pointless), a) because it's BMW (whose vanity is beyond compare) and b) because it'll only carry two people unless what you put in the back is under a foot tall or has no legs. And all the variants BMW have come up with have already been done so nothing original either

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 1/9/12 by Simon]

MakeEverything

posted on 1/9/12 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Most uncomfortable Van i have ever driven was a Citroen Berlingo. Backache for the passenger (Seat stays too upright) and just uncomfortable for the driver.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Slimy38

posted on 1/9/12 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon b) because it'll only carry two people unless what you put in the back is under a foot tall or has no legs.

I disagree, I found that if I put my knees behind my ears and didn't breath too deeply I was perfectly comfortable in the back of my friends mini...

I did find it quite entertaining when we heard the most obscene power steering whine and his response was 'they all do that'...

scootz

posted on 1/9/12 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I appreciate you don't like the machine, but the Mini is nowhere near the worst car ever!

Not even close!

It's Evolution Baby!

bi22le

posted on 1/9/12 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by Simon b) because it'll only carry two people unless what you put in the back is under a foot tall or has no legs.

I disagree, I found that if I put my knees behind my ears and didn't breath too deeply I was perfectly comfortable in the back of my friends mini...

I did find it quite entertaining when we heard the most obscene power steering whine and his response was 'they all do that'...

Funny that, 'that sort of thing happens all the time with this chuffing car' was a response my friend made when his Cooper S decided to snap an inner arch clip so it started rubbing on the wheel. It took us ages to find out what it was, we thought the engine was giving up!!

He sold it soon after stating it was one of the most expensive cars he has ever owned.

Not a fan either myself. . .

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

David Jenkins

posted on 1/9/12 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
The daft thing about the modern Mini is that it isn't mini - it's bigger than many of the small family hatchbacks on the road!

My worst car was an Austin Maxi - it would take too long to list all the things I hated about it...

CraigJ

posted on 1/9/12 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Other half has a 05 cooper. She loves it. Does 3-400 miles a week in it with no complaining which is rare for her.

Only driven it twice since we bought it and its no worse than any other small hatch on the market. Feels solid and handles ok.

MakeEverything

posted on 1/9/12 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38

Is your friend called George?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

D Beddows

posted on 1/9/12 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I appreciate you don't like the machine, but the Mini is nowhere near the worst car ever!

Not even close!

+ about 200 no they're not awesome but they're a loooooong way from the worst car ever. If they were called a BMW 0 Series then people would probably like them more

Mr G

posted on 1/9/12 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
The daft thing about the modern Mini is that it isn't mini - it's bigger than many of the small family hatchbacks on the road!

If I'm not mistaken the latest Mini Cooper S weighs more than a Ford Sierra (including the V6 XR4i etc)

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

woodster

posted on 1/9/12 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
That's because IT'S NOT A MINI!!!

Yep it's a Bini ..... German rubbish lol

woodster

posted on 1/9/12 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
I passed my test in an Austin Allegro, now that was bad and it was mustard colour yuck
maccmike

posted on 1/9/12 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
except for the name, its a good car.
handles well, nice steering, great gear shift, and the dealerships good too.

britishtrident

posted on 1/9/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Chrysler 180/Simca 160
Ford Zodiac Mk4

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

The Venom Project

posted on 1/9/12 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cooper D is awesome, and I get 75 MPG out of mine

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

chillis

posted on 1/9/12 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Toyota Piuss,

no redeaming features and an environmental disaster that claims to be green, and you can't even top up the battery by plugging into the mains.

And you have to keep hooting at people with the horn 'cos they don't hear you

Bare

posted on 2/9/12 at 02:32 AM Reply With Quote
Dunno about a Mini Copper 's' as the worst car Certainly isn't one of the better ones though.
Have one as the office runaround car. It's not popular in the office by the way :-)
Crappy seating, Horrid Gearshifting (anyone who thinks this is 'good' deserves to drive a Deux Cheveau )
Mediocre handling, Genuine Crap oem tires Plus even with the exalted Supercharged engine ( it's older:-) performance is right up there with a Mazda 3, one not overly well driven either.
As a car dealer friend stated: Dumpy, Divorced, middle aged women love to buy them.. enough said?

[Edited on 2/9/12 by Bare]

Peteff

posted on 2/9/12 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
This thread made me think of comic book guy from the Simpsons

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 2/9/12 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
I find the disagreement in this thread fascinating. Im going to buy a mini to find out for myself lol.

I very much suspect they have the same problem as apple though, people either love them or hate them.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Slimy38

posted on 2/9/12 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chillis
Toyota Piuss,

And you have to keep hooting at people with the horn 'cos they don't hear you

Tell me about it, I had one coming out of a car parking space that I didn't even realise had a driver in it. I was going to be helpful and chock the wheels because I thought the handbrake had failed!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.