Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel gauge
Rogthebandit

posted on 24/1/13 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel gauge

Hi
I am just sorting the dash out and trying to find a location for the fuel gauge but am just wandering if i need to have one fitted if i have the warning light on the bike clocks? I cant see it in the regs? Will the warning light be ok on its own?

Cheers
Rog

snapper

posted on 24/1/13 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel guage not needed for IVA

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Stott

posted on 24/1/13 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
It's not required but its a pain not having one, I fitted a koso/stage6 gauge and a Honda blackbird sender, was only cheap off some lambretta site and works well.
deezee

posted on 24/1/13 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
You don't need one for the IVA, however it is a good way of showing your fuel tank is full. They want the vehicle full of fuel for the brake tests, to get the weight. Otherwise you'll need another way of demonstrating the tank is full.

blakep82

posted on 25/1/13 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
Do this!
https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/vehicle-electronics/fuel-gauge-electronics/anti-slosh-4-led-fuel-gauge.html

Heres my gauge
Description
Description

[Edited on 25/1/13 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Rogthebandit

posted on 25/1/13 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the info chaps

Ya cheers for the link Blakep82, i recon i will go for one of those. I didnt want to spoil the dash with the fuel gauge but the leds will look good.

Im also fitting some of the savage switches. Do these need to have a back light when the side lights are on? Or just light when in operation?

blakep82

posted on 25/1/13 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Need to say though, the guage unit will work with just about any sender, you adjust where you want the lights to change by adjusting tiny screws.
Ie, using the exact same system, I could set mine up to show full to half a tank, 1/2 when its quarter full etc, you could set your to show full at full, half at half etc. Set it how you want

The unit itself is supplied with 4 3mm in your choice of colours and clips to secure it to the dash, it is not supplied with the clear 5mm leds or the plate I used, so speak to chris (spiyda) first to tell him what you want to do. Andyw7de on here cut the mounting plate for me.

Just so you know what you'll actually get

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Rogthebandit

posted on 28/1/13 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Blake

Bought the gauge, cant wait to fit it. Ive got a few different laylouts that will look good:-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.