Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seat suggestions - MK Indy
rb968

posted on 18/2/13 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
Seat suggestions - MK Indy

I fancy some new seats in my Indy now I have nearly finished my V6 conversion http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/21/viewthread.php?tid=175336&page=4

I currently have some slightly scruffy bare fibreglass MK seats but one of the glassed in fixings has come loose plus tbh a little bit of padding wouldn't go amiss

Quite fancy some Westfield covered race seats Westfield seats - anyone tried these in an Indy with runners?

I really like the Westfield sport turbo seats but are a bit more than I wanted to spend Sport turbo seats - anyone seen them or sat in one?

Also been looking at Lotus Elise seats on eBay and I have sat in some in a mates Elise but not sure how well they would work in an Indy with a harness?

Open to any other suggestions/ experience anyone can suggest? Photos most welcome.

Rich

RK

posted on 19/2/13 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
I have enviously looked at other seat options too, for road and track: these are my own considerations:

1. Need to get lower than the roll bar
2. Could use a bit of padding, which puts me too high
3. I have nice fibreglass seats that are "ok" for comfort, but as a guy advancing in age, I despise the slightest discomfort, and I HATE the fact that my head is too far forward when wearing a helmet, which is most of the time in the car. (I am not bothered by wind etc inherent to these cars)

I have planned to make some 2 part foam jobbies, or one made from bean bag beans and resin, but it's too cold for that around here right now. I have material I can glue over the final product, which I am certain would look pretty good. The headrest might prove a bit of a challenge, but nothing is insurmountable!

So, to help you answer YOUR question:

I would try out the soft looking ones first before splurging, as the real world reviews aren't that glowing, and there are always second hand ones about. I would make some before buying ones from Caterfield or whomever.

kajzw

posted on 19/2/13 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
You could do worse than have a look at JK Composite seats! I have a pair in my Indy and find them really comfortable and excellent quality for what they cost!
puma931

posted on 19/2/13 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I recently bought a pair of these (black + carbon).

PM me for contact details.

Not Anumber

posted on 19/2/13 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Look spot on for racing but are they also comfortable enough for long journeys ?
SeanStone

posted on 19/2/13 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.tritonraceseats.com/lowsideseat.htm

Got a pair of those for sale if you'd be interested

puma931

posted on 19/2/13 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
probably not but I have seen some with stick on pads....

quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
Look spot on for racing but are they also comfortable enough for long journeys ?

ChrisL

posted on 19/2/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeanStone
http://www.tritonraceseats.com/lowsideseat.htm

Got a pair of those for sale if you'd be interested

What would you be looking for? And what sort of condition are they?

rb968

posted on 19/2/13 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by puma931

To be honest that's pretty much what I have now. I was looking to something still suitable for a harness but a little bit comfier than a grip seat. (Even if its a grp seat with a padded cover!)

Has anyone sat in one of these Cobra seats? Linky

Rich

sebastiaan

posted on 19/2/13 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
I have / had the Cobra roadster seven seats in mine. Quite comfy but I needed soma additional lumbar support as I am quite tall (1,90m with long-ish legs, 34" inseam).

It is always best to try out a few different seats before ordering something. Maybe try some out during the new kit show season?

austin man

posted on 19/2/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Brother in Law had the Cobra seats in His we found them to be really uncomfortable, now both have GRP seats with pads drove 1200 in 5 days no soreness I also have a bad back

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Trollyjack

posted on 23/3/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
u2u sent
quote:
Originally posted by puma931

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rdodger

posted on 23/3/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
How about Westfield Race seats?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=westfield+race+seat&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=de1NUfXYCua50QXOz4HAAw& ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=673

whitestu

posted on 23/3/13 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've got Cobras and find them perfectly comfortable. I'm 6'2"ish.

Stu

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.