Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: (Again) Halfords Advanced Professional 150 Piece Socket & Ratchet Spanner Set - £71.99
madmandegge

posted on 27/3/13 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
(Again) Halfords Advanced Professional 150 Piece Socket & Ratchet Spanner Set - £71.99

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_862421_langId_-1_categoryId_255215

On sale again at £79.99, but this time the voucher code A13CM04 will reduce the price to £71.99. Quidco cashback will further reduce this, looks like a bargain again!

rdodger

posted on 27/3/13 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Great timing! The Mrs has just been mithering me about what I want for my birthday.

You can never have too many tools!

RedAvon

posted on 28/3/13 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Could you tell me what or how Quidco works please? I've applied the voucher discount.

Good spot thanks for posting.

Ian

madmandegge

posted on 28/3/13 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RedAvon
Could you tell me what or how Quidco works please? I've applied the voucher discount.

Good spot thanks for posting.

Ian

Quidco uses cookies on your computer to track purchases you make at online retailers. If you go to their website, http://www.quidco.com you can browse the retailers that offer cashback.

The process would be:

Find the retailer you want to purchase from
Click the link to visit the retailer
The retailer's website will open, and any purchases you make will be tracked to give cashback as a percentage of the purchase price.

Notably the cashback isn't always guaranteed, but usually it's worth a few seconds work. I haven't had any fail totally myself, however a few have come in at less of a payout than promised.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk is another service offering different rates and cashback for different retailers. You can also get cashback for instore purchases at certain shops if you register your card with them.

RedAvon

posted on 28/3/13 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks very much.
sickbag

posted on 28/3/13 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting - just reserved mine for a store pickup tonight. All I need now is some decent weather and a few days off work, then I'll be able to put them to good use.

Finally back on the job!

wilkingj

posted on 28/3/13 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
BIG REMINDER......

When buying Halfords Professional tools, the ones with the LIFETIME Guarantee.

KEEP THE RECIEPT SAFE.
Without the reciept they will NOT replace any broken ones.
Guess how I know this!

I know no one keeps reciepts, but there is a small notice in my local halfords to the effect, NO reciept, NO replacement.

I had to argue the hell out of it just to get them to give me a ratchet repair kit.

BE WARNED.

all CAPS are intentional, as you need to hear this!

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr G

posted on 28/3/13 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Unless its within the initial 12 months warranty then the ratchet mechanism wouldn't be covered anyway as per the lifetime warranty T&C's?

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 28/3/13 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Unless you go into the stores I've replaced ratchets, sockets etc without a receipt. The set is 10 years old!!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

v8kid

posted on 28/3/13 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've had no problem replacing without a receipt in the past - but I do now keep one in the base of the torx bit holder

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.