Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Floor mats for my car?
jps

posted on 17/5/13 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Floor mats for my car?

Not locost related - i've bought a Kia Ceed Sportswagen (the estate) and don't want to fork out for the 'official' mats. Does anyone have recommendations for decent alternatives. I don't really want to buy the 1-size-fits-all offerings from Halfords if I can get a decent tailored alternative cheaper than the manufacturers ones...
nick205

posted on 17/5/13 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Can't remember the seller, but I got a set of tailored mats for my Passat off eBay. £75 IIRC, decent quality, with properly bound edges and have lasted very well for 2 years so far.

Stott

posted on 17/5/13 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I don't want to sound condescending but if you haven't already, I'd check the price with Kia first as I normally find dealers cheaper for mats, for instance a set for my fabia from skoda are £36 and for a new octavia 4 piece set is £46. This was also the case when I bought a new fiesta, ford were the cheapest.

Atb
Stott

Edit: just looked on the Kia accessories site and they list them for £53.99, (if i picked the right ceed sw) if it were me I'd go for those

[Edited on 17/5/13 by Stott]

theduck

posted on 17/5/13 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with the above, for tailored matts dealers are normally the best bet n
morcus

posted on 17/5/13 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at the supermarket, probably won't get tailored mats as such but find some that are close enough. They're somethign thats almost always on offer. I had a set of generic Tesco mats in a brand new Panda that I had for 3 years.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.