Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PPI
woodster

posted on 19/5/13 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
PPI

Just been in the loft looking through old boxes and stuff when I came across an old box with bank statements and paper work , guess what ? Paper work for a £15,000 home improvement loan from 96 and 2 car loans from 92 all with Insurance , I was told at the time I had to take out insurance or they wouldn't give me the money .... I think I've been miss sold PPI ..... Anybody else claimed ? Is it easy or a pain in the bum? Martin Lewis says phone them first , in this case RBS and Barclays.
rusty nuts

posted on 19/5/13 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Give them a ring, what have you got to lose
Simon

posted on 19/5/13 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
I know two people that made claims, one received over £10k, the other £2.5k. Deffo worth a punt I reckon

Money saving expert has forms/letters etc I believe

ATB

Simon

woodster

posted on 19/5/13 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
The thing is over the last 12 months I've ignored loads of those spam text messages about PPi thinking I've not had any loans for years and just not been arsed with checking it out , now it looks like I could be looking at £6000 in claims ..... I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what happens And I'll have a look at Martin Lewis
Stott

posted on 19/5/13 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
My mate had £7.5K in work for really old credit card ppi, I wrote to HSBC, took 2 mins, had £900 back and that was for a loan in 1998, payout was last month.

Don't worry about this 6 year limit crap, it cost me a stamp and got me nearly a grand.

DO NOT USE A CLAIM MANAGEMENT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just write yourself, I did, it was simple.

EDIT: I CAN'T URGE YOU STONGLY ENOUGHT NOT TO USE A CLAIM COMPANY, HSBC HAVE EVEN GOT A DEDICATED TEAMDEALING WITH PPI LINKED OFF THEIR MAIN PAGE, IT'S ON MOST BANK'S WEBSITES JUST CLAIM YOURSELF AND KEEP ALL OF THE MONEY

[Edited on 19/5/13 by Stott]

steve m

posted on 20/5/13 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
I got two cheques on saturday. in the post totalling £6524, and all my effort was , filling out a claim form, and a couple of 60p stamps
In all my total stands at £9430 and all paid to me!

Do not use a claim firm as they will take more than 50%

Infact tomorrow night, ive got a friend coming round with all of his paperwork, and i will go through every one, and fill it out for him, and for every cheque he get back, i get £100, not bad work for a couple of days filling out paperwork, and some stamps and envolopes

woodster

posted on 20/5/13 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I got two cheques on saturday. in the post totalling £6524, and all my effort was , filling out a claim form, and a couple of 60p stamps
In all my total stands at £9430 and all paid to me!

Do not use a claim firm as they will take more than 50%

Infact tomorrow night, ive got a friend coming round with all of his paperwork, and i will go through every one, and fill it out for him, and for every cheque he get back, i get £100, not bad work for a couple of days filling out paperwork, and some stamps and envolopes

woodster

posted on 20/5/13 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
I phoned the RBS dedicated PPi team this morning and the guy took my details and explained how my complaint would be handled, he was very helpful and I guess its just a wait now whilst they investigate my claim ...... I'll post any news
woodster

posted on 15/6/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Just an update, good news had a letter from the RBS giving me back 6.5k ... They've been brilliant and I will be continuing to bank with them ........ on the other hand Barclays bank have been a total nightmare, I don't know who's running their ppi complaints department but wee up and brewery spring to mind
Stott

posted on 15/6/13 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one that's fantastic news! beats my claim for sure!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.