Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Red Arrows just went over my house
iank

posted on 27/7/13 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Red Arrows just went over my house

Literally right over me, gentle banking turn in two loose "enid" formations.
On their way home from the Sunderland airshow.

Noisy but

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

andrew-theasby

posted on 27/7/13 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Keep an eye (or ear) out for the Vulcan xh558 tomorrow then!
T66

posted on 27/7/13 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Theres a Mustang on next, just past mine in Morpeth - gorgeous

rusty nuts

posted on 27/7/13 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a DC3 fly over , probably landing at Duxford , haven't seen one for some time
iank

posted on 27/7/13 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andrew-theasby

In my experience you don't miss a vulcan going over

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

HowardB

posted on 27/7/13 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:

In my experience you don't miss a vulcan going over

I agree! It is a moving experience in every way!

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

Daddylonglegs

posted on 27/7/13 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
So where's the piccies then? Should be poised! Had the Vulcan over our place a couple of weeks ago, by the time I'd grabbed my phone of the garage shelf it was gone

I still remember seeing them lined up at Waddington a loooong time back

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

JC

posted on 27/7/13 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Just had the full display here from an unusual angle - I think they were doing something at RAF Cranwell!!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stott

posted on 27/7/13 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I went to Waddington air show a few weeks back (well to the grass by the runway) and took this vid, apologies for the vertical vid!

[Edited on 27/7/13 by Stott]

Peteff

posted on 27/7/13 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
We had something like a DC3 doing laps overhead today at a very low altitude, really loud and good to see.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

coozer

posted on 27/7/13 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
We were at the Sunderland Air Show, the Red Arrows were excellent.. clear blue and so close you could see the after burn as they went up..

Nice display of the Battle of Britain, not just a fly past as usual but a range of manoeuvre's showing how they fought..

Excellent day out, took some pics with my new camera but as usual forgot to format the storage card so lost the lot... DOH!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

coozer

posted on 27/7/13 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The Vulcan was on soon after the Red Arrows, came in at 850mph according to the commentary and boy what a rattle!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Volvorsport

posted on 27/7/13 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
cleethorpes festival of flight was today.... they must have been flying up and down....

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

sdh2903

posted on 27/7/13 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
The vulcan is an epic piece of machinery, I was fortunate to work on the static one at Woodford during my apprenticeship, the old boy retirees used to come in every tuesday to tinker with it and we got to help out. Was great listening to all the stories.

Saw it fly at leuchars a couple of years ago and it made the hairs on the neck tingle, it also made me laugh when my boy nearly sh*t his kecks when they opened the taps on it, about 3 seconds previous he was complaining it wasnt very loud

karlak

posted on 28/7/13 at 04:59 AM Reply With Quote
Oooh Good, Posted before, but great excuse to post the pictures from the "private" display I had over my back garden in Cranfield a few months ago. Could not have been more over head, so low and LOUD

I believe it was going through a "test" display sequence. Although Cranfield is pretty much a training and light aircraft field, it has a long runway and we get some nice little flybys. Had a spitfire, Lancaster, Hawk (he was going for it ) recently and usually get a Merlin and Apache quite regularly..

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

rusty nuts

posted on 28/7/13 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Mate of mine was first on the scene when a guy crashed at Cranfield many years ago during a flying display, He crashed right in front of the parachute centers club house , I think he was flying inverted at low level and pulled up instead of down. We see all sorts of aircraft from our back garden as we are only a couple of miles from IWM Duxford, the DeHaviland Rapide flies over almost every weekend doing pleasure flights, Spitfires etc we see on a regular basis
Vindi_andy

posted on 2/8/13 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Was on hoilday in Cyprus a few years ago and we were up in the mountains and a vulcan was flying below us.

Saw it no problem over the water and the patches of light coloured ground but it totally dissapeared when it flew over green areas.

My grandad worked on these in the RAF and said cockpit was unbelievably cramped.

And had a very interesting talk by an ex vulcan pilot, he quoted some high up, cant remember who, who sai the vulcan is a fantastic triangular aircraft unforunately it doesnt mind which corner goes first. and you can alwasy tell the pilot and copilot of a vulcan as the pilots head tilts to the left and the copilots tilt to the right.

David Jenkins

posted on 2/8/13 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I caught a plane from Southend airport last Friday and was surprised to see a Vulcan parked just next to the long-term car park. Obviously in storage, but a bit of a shock!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.