Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Motorcycle Road Tax Petition
trikerneil

posted on 3/8/13 at 04:14 AM Reply With Quote
Motorcycle Road Tax Petition

I did a quick search but didn't find anything about this on here and I know a few of you have Bikes.

A petition has been started to review motorcycle road tax in line with the systems used for cars. Most bikes produce less emissions and have smaller engines than most cars, but we're still paying tax based on cc alone.

Petition is HERE.

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
doobrychat

posted on 3/8/13 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
OMG with the tax at less than £80 a year for a superbike and anything over 600cc WTF is going on...

Bike tax is cheap and lets be honest if we make the Government inspect it for change they'll only put it up!!

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/13 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
Can't say I ever thought my bikes road tax was excessive and a 125 is free, though they still ask if you want 6 or 12 months of freeness
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrism

posted on 3/8/13 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Can't say I ever thought my bikes road tax was excessive and a 125 is free, though they still ask if you want 6 or 12 months of freeness

125's arent tax free, you have to pay a whopping £17 for 12 months, they dont do a 6 month option.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

SteveWalker

posted on 3/8/13 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be far more interested in a road tax reduction for kit cars and classic cars running on limited mileage policies. It seems somewhat ridiculous that I am paying around twice as much for my kit-car that does only a few hundred miles a year than I am for my tin-top that does 20,000+ miles a year!
Stott

posted on 3/8/13 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I think this would be a bad move for motorcyclists.

If I had a choice I'd have the cars back to plg tax too, plus we'd not have all this stop start nonsense and fiddling to get cars in lower tax brackets etc.

If it was implemented you just know it would be £30 for 50s as they are 2 stroke, then up and up to those big bad 1000+s that will then be villified as they are excessive and kill rabbits with their polluting engines, and they'll those energy rating charts all over the brochures, and the manufacturers would have another headache on their hands. The last thing that would happen is the motorcyclist saving money.

Long live the cheap bike tax I say, shhhhhhhhhh, the government haven't noticed they can stuff us for this yet, shhhhhhhh

[Edited on 3/8/13 by Stott]

morcus

posted on 3/8/13 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not a biker yet, but looking to start and I agree with those saying don't rock the boat, it won't end well.

Personally I'd like to see RFD scrapped and pay more fuel duty, and as emmissions and fuel economy are correlated it would make perfect sense.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Peteff

posted on 3/8/13 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Leave well alone I say
I do ride a big bike and don't mind paying the road fund license, I spend more on beer and chips.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.