Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hybrid company car?
richardm6994

posted on 9/11/13 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Hybrid company car?

I've been give a budget of £30-£40k for my next company car.
My current car is a lexus is2.2 diesel and is at 25% bik??? I do like the lexus but I'm thinking this time to go hybrid in order to reduce the bik and save me some money each month.

Trouble is I've not really followed the hybrid market and I'm not sure what's good etc....

I like the looks of the lexus is300h fsport and it's only 13% bik.

I'm not a fan of BMW....but just wondered what else is out there on the hybrid market and any cars to avoid?

nick205

posted on 9/11/13 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Likewise, not up with hybrids at all, but I'd say the biggest consideration would be your driving pattern. If you're doing high miles, then the electric element probably won't have a huge impact. If you're tootling (technical term) to work and back then it may be more worthwhile. That said, unless you're doing big miles company cars and BIK really don't make much sense these days. I stopped taking a car a couple of years ago when my mileage dropped from 30-40k to sub 20k per annum.

Again, not looked for agood while, but there will be diesel cars in that class that achieve 13% BIK and excellent MPG. last time I was looking BMW and ovloV were looking amongst the best. Personally never been a fan of Lexi myself, drive an IS220D for a few months and thought it was very mediocre.

richardm6994

posted on 9/11/13 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Good points nick. I must admit when I chose the Lexi 3 years ago, I spent the first few months talking like Allan partridge! I couldn't help myself!!

The last time the car came up for renewal, I already had an Audi Tt and so I fancied an Audi a5 (bit more grown up) but these were just out of budget and I didn't fancy the a4....so I went for the Lexi (at the time I was 20% tax payer so BIK wasn't as much of a consideration)
Audi would be my first choice but they don't seem to do much in hybrid.

I don't do loads of miles (I don't travel as part of my job) however what miles I do are sitting in city traffic. The main reason I'm considering hybrid is for the low BIK to save me some money each month and the better mpg is a secondary consideration.

[Edited on 9/11/13 by richardm6994]

MakeEverything

posted on 9/11/13 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I looked at the 300h, and thought that it was very small for my requirements, though with a V6 petrol engine was very pokey. I took an allowance in the end an bought an A6.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Ninehigh

posted on 9/11/13 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Well city traffic is where a hybrid really comes in. I quite like the Prius, and I guess the CT200 is a Prius in better trim. Really Toyota/Lexus is the way to go with them since they've been doing it since about 1998 and they're guaranteeing the batteries for 8 years.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.