Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injector search help ?
clairetoo

posted on 17/6/14 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Injector search help ?

After a visit from Shaun (many thanks , we have to sort a day for mapping....) a few issues on my Mx5 have been identified - a major one being over-sized injectors..........
I have spent two evenings pounding the keyboard trying to find what I need , and so far have found what seems to be the right part number for what I need (230cc Pico injectors) , but I have failed in my attempts to identify a normal production car that uses them , so hopefully I can find some on ebay .
I have found new ones , but at £50 each I just cant afford them

The part number I have is IWP042 - but some sites say they will fit the Clio 172 , which I have already (and these may be as big as 550cc according to one site.....)

Can anyone help - I'm climbing the walls here.........................

[Edited on 17/6/14 by clairetoo]

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

madteg

posted on 17/6/14 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Why peco injectors, pretty sure the bosch 230cc will fit.
clairetoo

posted on 17/6/14 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
I need Pico type injectors as I have re-made the fuel rails to suit the shorter injectors , to make more space for an airbox .

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Nick_TitanMsport

posted on 18/6/14 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi clairetoo.

Couple of things.

1. Be careful buying the pico injectors from eBay. There are tons of fakes about at the minute and the consequence of using them sometimes can be pretty ugly!!. (You get what you pay for and proper pico injectors direct from webcon are around £80.00 each plus vat)

2. Good news is I know the guys at webcon (importers for pics injectors) pretty well as we use them in our throttles. So if you would like me to get you a new set of genuine pico injectors at trade (about the same price as the ones on eBay I think) give me a shout.

What power will the car be I don't think a 330CC injector would hurt as the 270cc they use in the Clio is quite close to the highest duty cycle it can deliver.

Feel free to give me a shout.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 18/6/14 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Claire,

I thought you were running the Vauxhall V6 injectors? Or were they the pre-pico set up?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

BaileyPerformance

posted on 18/6/14 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nick_TitanMsport
Hi clairetoo.

Couple of things.

1. Be careful buying the pico injectors from eBay. There are tons of fakes about at the minute and the consequence of using them sometimes can be pretty ugly!!. (You get what you pay for and proper pico injectors direct from webcon are around £80.00 each plus vat)

2. Good news is I know the guys at webcon (importers for pics injectors) pretty well as we use them in our throttles. So if you would like me to get you a new set of genuine pico injectors at trade (about the same price as the ones on eBay I think) give me a shout.

What power will the car be I don't think a 330CC injector would hurt as the 270cc they use in the Clio is quite close to the highest duty cycle it can deliver.

Feel free to give me a shout.

I'll second that, avoid eBay picos.

The engine Claire is using is not high output, the smallest injectors you can get away with is always best - I longer PW at light throttle cruse is an advantage.
You would get with 190-200cc injectors.

Running high fuel pressure and smaller injectors can give better MPG and throttle response due to finer atomisation.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BaileyPerformance

posted on 18/6/14 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
After a visit from Shaun (many thanks , we have to sort a day for mapping....) a few issues on my Mx5 have been identified - a major one being over-sized injectors..........
I have spent two evenings pounding the keyboard trying to find what I need , and so far have found what seems to be the right part number for what I need (230cc Pico injectors) , but I have failed in my attempts to identify a normal production car that uses them , so hopefully I can find some on ebay .
I have found new ones , but at £50 each I just cant afford them

The part number I have is IWP042 - but some sites say they will fit the Clio 172 , which I have already (and these may be as big as 550cc according to one site.....)

Can anyone help - I'm climbing the walls here.........................

[Edited on 17/6/14 by clairetoo]

What size injectors does the stock engine use? Assuming the engine is stock (other than the throttle bodies) choosing injectors that are close to factory size would be best option.

It your current injectors are on the large side, it could cause you tuning issues but not to the extent of "black smoke rich" have you checked the colour of the plugs? Are you sure all cylinders are running rich? Check header temps

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.