Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: car tax
ali f27

posted on 20/3/15 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
car tax

If i tax my car today will it run out in 6 months as in 20th of august is by month like it used to be
theduck

posted on 20/3/15 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Same as it's always been, which will mean expires 31st august
scootz

posted on 20/3/15 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
It's a nonsense... I thought the electronic switch would mean we get a full 6 months tax - it's not hard for a computer to work out!

But no... tax it today and you lose 20 days worth of tax as it starts on the 1st March.

It's Evolution Baby!

Slimy38

posted on 20/3/15 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
That is assuming it's not taxed at the moment. If you have tax covering March, the new tax will come into effect for April, and expire end of September.

And I agree, it's silly that they've modernised the entire system but kept the bit where it's a monthly cutoff. As far as I know, no other regular payment is limited to whole months.

anthony1

posted on 20/3/15 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
road tax refund......whole months!!!

Son recently traded in his car to a garage on 31st of January........the refund arrived on Wednesday this week (18th March) of course January was used up already , but because it took between 31st Jan. and mid March to sort it at the DVLA , it ended up "costing" another month........lets multiply that by the many thousands of times that will happen during a year...............
loggyboy

posted on 20/3/15 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
He should have sorned it on the 31st Jan.

Mistral Motorsport

Scuzzle

posted on 20/3/15 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
I was actually hoping once it went electronic you could just tax month to month, tax for a couple of months miss a month etc. You sorn the car and lay the car up over the winter and get a freak good weather spell you can just pay a months tax and get out in it - should have known it would never work out like this.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.