Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Put up or shut up time .... TG
woodster

posted on 19/6/15 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Put up or shut up time .... TG

Well as we all now know Chris Evans got the top gear gig, now for those who don't listen to him in the morning he's doing an open audition for a new top gear presenter from the public ...... All you have to do is a 30 second video about why it should be you and what relationship you have with cars.

There's some seriously talented car people on here and quite a few people who would regularly slag clarkson off ....... I'm thinking its put up or shut up time for some and a fantastic opportunity for others

woodster

posted on 19/6/15 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/18/top-gear-co-presenter-auditions-open-to-public-chris-evans
austin man

posted on 19/6/15 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
I think Brian Johnson (AC/DC front man) and jk jamiroquai would be an interesting mix not really bothered about the Ginger kid personally

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

woodster

posted on 19/6/15 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'd rather see some one who builds cars either as a hobby or professionally, a shed engineer, a racer a guy Martin type ..... Clarkson would take the wee out of kit cars nows the chance to show a more positive side to small car builders and home engineers, people that work on their car in the week and race at weekends ! Really people who don't have poo loads of cash to buy the latest Ferrari with no idea how it works like that twat in the hat jay Kay
maccmike

posted on 19/6/15 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
I listened to him the morning he gave the details.
Its not for a presenter, its for a member of the team.

austin man

posted on 19/6/15 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Me and a few other locosters met Brian Johnson at Silverstone can honestly say hes about as down to earth as you could get top bloke no hairs or graces, first words that came out of his mouth were can I jut roll a tab Im gagging for a smoke

quote:
Originally posted by woodster
I'd rather see some one who builds cars either as a hobby or professionally, a shed engineer, a racer a guy Martin type ..... Clarkson would take the wee out of kit cars nows the chance to show a more positive side to small car builders and home engineers, people that work on their car in the week and race at weekends ! Really people who don't have poo loads of cash to buy the latest Ferrari with no idea how it works like that twat in the hat jay Kay

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

snapper

posted on 20/6/15 at 05:01 AM Reply With Quote
Presenting in front of the camera is very tough
Presenting in front of a camera with Autocue is still tough
Presenting in front of a camera with Autocue live is tougher
Presenting in front of a camera with a live audience on a live show is toughest, only a very few can pull it off.

Yes I know it's recorded but the presentation/feature links format is mostly live/audience
I'm cacking myself just thinking about it and we haven't even opened our mouths to talk with wit and authority yet

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

loggyboy

posted on 20/6/15 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
My top 2 faves would be Chris Harris and Guy Martin. I could even put up with Guy doing motorcycle features, would just need to put old Steve Berry reports to back of my mind..

Mistral Motorsport

Volvorsport

posted on 20/6/15 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
I'm gonna go for it.....

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

SCAR

posted on 20/6/15 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
I think first we have to understand that top gear is not really about cars and has been massively successful partly because of that, To keep suggesting new presenters simply because they have a car or bike interest or racing background is a mistake.
The success of the show was based on the interaction and exagerated characters portrayed by the three presenters.
Basically three matey blokes knobbing about IN CARS. A bit like a cross between LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE, MEN BEHAVING BADLY and SCRAPHEAP CHALLANGE.
I would suggest that 80% of the audience has only a passing interest in the vehicles used. Partly because 99% of us will never be able to afford them.
If the show is reduced to proper car related content the viewing figures will plummet. Of course the opinion on here may be different as this is a car related forum and therefore has a very selective membership.
Most watched it to enjoy the humour not being told for the umpteenth time "it does 0-60 in x seconds" or "has 500bhp" or costs "£250,000.
The shows future success (or not) will depend on the characters created by the presenters, not their technical knowledge or driving ability. I think the show would stand a better chance of success with someone funny like JACK DEE or JOHN BISHOP than someone who can only drive fast or is technically savvy or has boobs. (On second thoughts I suppose the boobs thing could be appealing)
Actually I think its probably doomed to failure, its popular appeal ends with the departure of the main characters.
I suppose its a bit like reforming the Beatles with a new line up, it wouldn't matter how talented the musicians are the only thing that remains is the name.

scootz

posted on 20/6/15 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
I think Brian Johnson (AC/DC front man) and jk jamiroquai would be an interesting mix not really bothered about the Ginger kid personally

Jay-Kay!? Seriously!? The man is a certified bell-end!

It's Evolution Baby!

Irony

posted on 20/6/15 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
No one dare suggest Brian Johnson! His place is the front man of AC/DC. The greatest rock band of all time.
David Jenkins

posted on 20/6/15 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCAR
I think the show would stand a better chance of success with someone funny like JACK DEE or JOHN BISHOP than someone who can only drive fast or is technically savvy or has boobs. (On second thoughts I suppose the boobs thing could be appealing)

Hmmm - witty, skilled in front of the camera, boobs... it's got to be Jo Brand!

SCAR

posted on 20/6/15 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Fails because the boobs have to be appealing, presence in volume is not enough
Andi

posted on 20/6/15 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster

Now that would be interesting.
They used to hate each other JK and Ginger Maybe still do

Andi

MikeRJ

posted on 20/6/15 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Jay-Kay!? Seriously!? The man is a certified bell-end!

That is an insult to bell-ends

woodster

posted on 21/6/15 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
That guy that punched or rather stuck the nut in ... Glasgow kissed j Kay gets my vote

[Edited on 21/6/15 by woodster]

steve m

posted on 21/6/15 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Cant say I know anything about JK, hes music is shyte, I know that !
but what a prick, small man syndrome

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.