Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC car wanted
Banana

posted on 10/8/16 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
BEC car wanted

After much searching for a CEC - my heart really wants a BEC. Despite what my head says.

Money waiting.

What have you got?

hkp57

posted on 10/8/16 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Budget?

Location?

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

Banana

posted on 10/8/16 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
How much do you want?

Anywhere in England.

f27

posted on 15/8/16 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
I have my Formula 27, ZZR1400 bike engined kit car for sale.
I have owned this car for 6 years, and with much reluctance am forced to put it up for sale to fund my new racing venture.
The car is a factory built (with original build plate) Formula 27, first built in 2000, and not on a Q plate (so you can put a private plate on it - the one I have on will be retained by me). When looking for a car, factory built was high on my list, as I wanted to make sure it had all been put together properly. The Formula 27 is a little different to the usual MK / Westfield etc kit cars, in that it has inboard suspension, and a front pivoting bonnet. Externally it also has an SA Fabrications rear diffuser custom made for the car.
When I bought the car, it had a Honda Blackbird engine in, but in 2015, at great expense, I had the car totally redone with a Kawasaki ZZR1400 engine (from Yorkshire Engines) and aluminium billet sump. This is widely regarded as the best bike engine you can put in a car. It has bags of torque and power, and is much quicker than the cheaper Hayabusa engine that is commonly used. I have used the clocks from the Kawasaki bike on the dash. At the same time as doing the engine, I had it converted to paddle shift. We used AB performance paddles linked directly to the gearbox, which is much nicer for quick gearchanges than having a gearstick. It also has a removable suede steering wheel. We also had a custom 4-2-1 manifold made for the engine, into a re-packable silencer and it sounds fantastic. While having the engine done, we took the opportunity to polybush the car. I recently had it weighed, and it came in at 510kg. Considering it has 200bhp, the power to weight is phenomenal.
The car has a LSD, and I recently had a brand new Quaife 3.54 crown wheel and pinion fitted. This gives a top speed of around 125mph, and the acceleration is brutal.
While in my possession the car has changed a lot (as is always the case with kit cars) namely, I had the roll cage and aeroscreen added (I will also provide the old windscreen and leather side doors which could easily be put back on if required). It has Toyo 888 tyres, and while doing the engine in 2015 I had the brakes uprated to Willwood 4 pot calipers with new mintex pads and new brake lines.
The car would be ideal for someone tall – we adapted the pedal box, roll cage and seat to fit me comfortably, and I am 6'4” weigh 120kg and have wide size 13 feet. Obviously if you are shorter, the seat can be moved forwards again. We also boxed out the rear with aluminium, so it has a usable 'boot.'
The car is an ideal track toy, could be used for sprinting / competition, or makes a very quick road car. Not much can keep up with it without spending some very serious money.
If I was keeping it long term, I was planning to re-do the dash layout, I would re paint the roll cage (it hast a few stone chips / surface scratches in the paint) and the speedometer isn't working (everything is there to make it work, it just needs wiring up). All of the work over the last 12 months was carried out by Andy at the Scottish Kitcar Centre, who would be happy to talk over it all with a potential buyer. No expense was spared in doing the work, and I have receipts for over £12,000 in the past 12 months alone.
With this in mind I am asking £10,950 which is a bargain for what it is.
I also have a brand new set of Compomotive CXR wheels available by separate negotiation with super sticky soft compound Khumo V70A tyres, which have never even been fitted. I had wanted these for years, and waited months for them to be made. They are staggered with a 215-50-13 on a 13x8 wheel at the rear, and 175-60-13 on 13x7 on the front and the best I could have bought for sprinting.
I have fully documented my time with the car, and every upgrade / modification done to it on a pistonheads thread here -
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp…
I also have plenty of videos of the car, including this one – my first time around Anglesey circuit, but shows how quick it is compared to lot of other kit cars / Caterhams -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XKmhI_L0oY
Any additional info or photos just ask.

SOLD - F27 Blackbird, F27 ZZR1400, MK Indy Hayabusa, 3 750MC Crossflow Locosts, Ultima GTR - currently got a MX5 powered Locost racing car

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.