Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: CSCC Mag 7 group 1 example grid
bi22le

posted on 25/11/17 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
CSCC Mag 7 group 1 example grid

I'm curious to see how competitive my car would be in group 1 mag7.

Anyone race in this group or able to lay their hands on a previous grid?

It is hard to look at the tsl timings sheet and work out who is in what group.

I can do 53s at brands Indy but know my car only has cheap suspension so I'm wondering if people can run that much faster.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Andy D

posted on 25/11/17 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I helped out a pal for a few races in Mag sevens this year, and tbh I didn't realise how many classes there were.. just looked:

http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/sites/default/files/2017%20Magnificent%20Sevens%20Regulations%20v5%20at%20300617.pdf

If you cross refer the class letters to TSL you can work out where you'd be at Brands.. the lap times go from 49secs down to 53s with one slow 55sec at the rear.

Which class would you be in?

sam919

posted on 25/11/17 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
It's always a tech race with plenty cash for shiny bits, but a mediocre car pedaled well will get some good racing. I done few in the early days, the first mag 7 race infact, with a 290 duratec, had a great race with a bike engined locost. Due to the rule about getting out for a minute I didn't do too well, changed in the all comers and lost out on third over the line.

Anyway, I'd get your license if not already and go have a bash, 53s is good for brands and if your cars not set-up id be happy to give some settings.

Enjoy

bi22le

posted on 26/11/17 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
I would be in group 1B with 150bhp 20v 4 age.

I went and watched the night race last year, I don't recall there being any BECs, maybe any BEC with low power is not competitive against the CEC equivalent.

I don need a licence, I also need to get a few safety devices on the car. Something to work on over the next few years!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Andy D

posted on 26/11/17 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
There were def a couple of BECs this year. The grids I've seen are 99% Caterhams, just the odd MK or Westfield.

I'm pretty sure the green car my pal was battling with towards the end of this vid was a tuned Busa. Competitive against the 200 to 250 bhp cars, but not a hope against the 2.4 Duratec brigade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrIBHqAeGrk&t=910s

sam919

posted on 26/11/17 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe lost popularity but I'm sure it was a bhp/ tonne class structure. Have a Google search for Joe spencer locosaki, he runs a successful 1400 ZXR, regularly beats, race wins and dices with top end 260-70-80 powered cars with seq fancy boxes.

Your car would similar to an R300 k so id have thought a reasonable set up to not be hanging around the back.

CosKev3

posted on 26/11/17 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
There were def a couple of BECs this year. The grids I've seen are 99% Caterhams, just the odd MK or Westfield.

I'm pretty sure the green car my pal was battling with towards the end of this vid was a tuned Busa. Competitive against the 200 to 250 bhp cars, but not a hope against the 2.4 Duratec brigade.

Great racing!

What spec is your m8''s car Andy,sounds awesome

Andy D

posted on 26/11/17 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D

Great racing!

What spec is your m8''s car Andy,sounds awesome

It's not silly power.. 230bhp duratec, sequential box with pneumatic paddle shift and associated electronic gubbins.

btw, if you enjoyed that vid, take a look at his Spa race, it was a good in too. :-)

[Edited on 26/11/17 by Andy D]

jtskips

posted on 26/11/17 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam919
Maybe lost popularity but I'm sure it was a bhp/ tonne class structure. Have a Google search for Joe spencer locosaki, he runs a successful 1400 ZXR, regularly beats, race wins and dices with top end 260-70-80 powered cars with seq fancy boxes.

Your car would similar to an R300 k so id have thought a reasonable set up to not be hanging around the back.

jtskips

posted on 26/11/17 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
that joe spencer zx1400 kawasaki and garry watson westfield 290bhp zetec do cadwell in 1.30 so quick
sam919

posted on 27/11/17 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
It was his father Bob I raced against in the first mag 7 race, that was the first evolution of joes car
Andy D

posted on 27/11/17 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam919
It was his father Bob I raced against in the first mag 7 race, that was the first evolution of joes car

My pal with the Caterham (Ross) and my son were eyeing up the Locosaki at Croft earlier this year.. knowing how much dosh had gone into the Caterham, they were surprised at how simple Joe's car is. Standard engine, and I think he mentioned very cheap dampers.. non adjustable? and is it a live axle car? Very talented driver, he was doing 1-26s round Croft, on slicks v my mate's 1-28s on 1Bs.

sam919

posted on 27/11/17 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Theyve been developing my that car for a while, successful all the way through. Standard bilsteins valved according to weight from factory, I think the engine has a shortened baffled sump. Last time we spoke they were using ex formula Renault slicks.

The engines pricey in relative terms but compare it to a similar 200hp with seq box ( 10-12-14 grand).... It's cheap!

cosmicicecreamman

posted on 28/11/17 at 03:46 AM Reply With Quote
I contacted the CSCC about entering the Magnificent 7's in my Sylva Riot but got told it was not eligible as it was mid engine.

There is a class called the open series but I would've preferred to enter in with the Magnificent 7's.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.