Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Weber 38 DGMS
Johnmor

posted on 25/2/20 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Weber 38 DGMS

Hi All

As part of my project to reduce the overall height of my engine and allow me to raise the sump I'm considering fittings Weber 38 DGMS to replace the current SU carb set up

I'm trying to find the height of the Weber from the base to the air filter connection lip, ie the top of the carb, I can get various filters from 45mm - 75mm so I'm maybe able to save some height

If any one has a Weber 38 DGMS (3.0 Ford V6) if you could give it a measure that would be handy

Cheers

John

r1_pete

posted on 25/2/20 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnmor
Hi All

As part of my project to reduce the overall height of my engine and allow me to raise the sump I'm considering fittings Weber 38 DGMS to replace the current SU carb set up

I'm trying to find the height of the Weber from the base to the air filter connection lip, ie the top of the carb, I can get various filters from 45mm - 75mm so I'm maybe able to save some height

If any one has a Weber 38 DGMS (3.0 Ford V6) if you could give it a measure that would be handy

Cheers

John

I have one on my Scimitar, I'll measure it for you, but, that carb is rubbish on the V8 Rover (assumption), the choke size is too small, good low torque but revs out before 4500.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 25/2/20 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Carb is 100mm manifold flange to filter flange, + 20mm above the filter flange.

You really need the deflector plate too, that's about 10mm.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johnmor

posted on 25/2/20 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant, thanks for that

with filter thats 60mm less than the SU set up , so my plan could work, just need to machine an inlet manifold to take the Weber

I know a coupe of guys running the weber 38 on the 3.5 v8 and its been ok, they reckon when you go upto 3.9 or 4.6 it becomes too small,

its good for around 370 FPM, which should be ok for the 3.5

its really just to get to IVA test, after that I may look at the 4.6, block is the same etc so if i can get everything through on the 3.5 then ill look at getting better performance after IVA

thanks for the info

john

r1_pete

posted on 25/2/20 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
I've machined several RV8 manifolds, mainly for 4 Barrels, there should be some photos in my archive, I did one a couple of weeks ago to make a bit more cash from left over parts....

rv8holley2
rv8holley2

There are also some modified efi pics in there.

Mike Wood

posted on 25/2/20 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
John

What engine was your SU carb set up on please? Rover V8, Ford Crossflow?

Thanks
Mike

[Edited on 25/2/20 by Mike Wood]

Johnmor

posted on 25/2/20 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mike

SU set up was on the rover v8. 3.5 , top of the carbs sit about 150mm above the rocker covers so around 40mm to high for the bonnet

John

Mike Wood

posted on 26/2/20 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks John

I had guessed it might be Rover V8, but was intrigued it may have been on a Ford Crossflow (a new one on me if it had and might have wanted the manifold!)

Cheers
Mike

PS Sorry Pete about my initial unedited post causing confusion who I was reply to.

[Edited on 26/2/20 by Mike Wood]

r1_pete

posted on 26/2/20 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Wood

PS Sorry Pete about my initial unedited post causing confusion who I was reply to.

[Edited on 26/2/20 by Mike Wood]

No worries, the post was irrelevant when I re read it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.