Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA during Covid lock downs ?
Deckman001

posted on 9/1/21 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
IVA during Covid lock downs ?

Hi all, I hope your all keeping as safe as possible !!

I have a retest that needs to be booked before April 14th, does anyone know if the appointments are still carrying on or if they have been paused due to restrictions?

Am just wondering if getting my car fixed up for the re-test is allowed as if i don't get the car failings retested by then I'll have to re-book a full test and pay the full amount again.

Anyone experienced this situation yet ?

rusty nuts

posted on 9/1/21 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have a contact number for the test center? If so I think the best thing to do is give them a call? MOT centres are still open so I presume HGV test centres are as well ?
steve m

posted on 9/1/21 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I would hope, that sensibly any restriction on your retest would be extended due to the covid restrictions and everyone keeping safe etc
and if not, i would argue, but again sensibly, that you have been mistreated, and unfairly discriminated

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Deckman001

posted on 9/1/21 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah very good and sensible comments, I will try and find time on Monday to give them a a call and see what they say.

Jason

CosKev3

posted on 10/1/21 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
In the first lockdown they weren't doing any IVA testing,as it's not essential really
Deckman001

posted on 10/1/21 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
In the first lockdown they weren't doing any IVA testing,as it's not essential really

Hopefully I can stop panicking at trying to still get it ready when I shouldn't be going out to the garage according to the rules.

Jason

jacko

posted on 10/1/21 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I don’t think you will get it tested Vosa are not testing buses /coaches at the moment and these are the people that do the iva testing
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
K19

posted on 1/3/21 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a retest (and a pass!!!) Just ring the number on the failure sheet. They offered me a retest for the day after I rang up but I wasn't ready, lady said its possible to ring up after the failure has gone through the system and get a retest the day after the original test.

Only mention of covid was following the same protocols as for the test. The tester didn't seem to give a monkey's and I was the only one with a mask.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Deckman001

posted on 4/3/21 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K19
Just had a retest (and a pass!!!) Just ring the number on the failure sheet. They offered me a retest for the day after I rang up but I wasn't ready, lady said its possible to ring up after the failure has gone through the system and get a retest the day after the original test.

Only mention of covid was following the same protocols as for the test. The tester didn't seem to give a monkey's and I was the only one with a mask.

Wehay well done you !!

I'm hoping to get mine retested towards the end of this month

Jason

K19

posted on 4/3/21 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote

Wehay well done you !!

Jason

Fingers crossed. Anything major needing retesting, or just minor bits?

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Deckman001

posted on 5/3/21 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K19

Wehay well done you !!

Jason

Fingers crossed. Anything major needing retesting, or just minor bits?

I sadly failed quite a few things, but the testers gave me lots of ideas how to fix each things. The worst was a very tired engine that I've had to strip down and rebuild and a dodgy self centre issue with the right geometry. I think it's all sorted now so just a few weeks to keep looking at it and going over each failed item before the retest. Am hoping to borrow a trailer and use a new company vehicle with a tow bar to get it there this time as previously I had borrowed a recovery vehicle, which now has been sold so a different way to get it to the test station about 50 miles away id a new issue

I had considered just driving it there seeing as it's meant to be finished and ready for the road, but am not really confident to try that yet as I've only driven it about a mile at each time it's been on the road.

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.