Board logo

£69 OULTON PARK TRACKDAY
PAUL FISHER - 26/11/09 at 01:40 AM

I have just booked on a Trackday at Oulton park on Wednesday the 27th of Jan 2010 its only £69 with easytrack.
Here if anyones interested.

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/events/allevents.asp

MK9R - 26/11/09 at 07:52 AM

yeah you can get some cheap days jan-march, just be prepared for a wet day, especially at oulton, it stays greasey for 3 weeks after a shower

Steve Hignett - 26/11/09 at 08:59 AM

Were you offered a discount Paul? It's showing at £79...

Dangle_kt - 26/11/09 at 09:07 AM

Booked on thanks!

PAUL FISHER - 26/11/09 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
Were you offered a discount Paul? It's showing at £79...

Looks like they have just put it up £10 since I posted last night Steve,still a very good price though,it only cost me £50 as I have a gold membership with them,and they offered it me as a special offer ,I did around same day last year,the weather was bright and sunny at times,although it was cold,I just turned my heater up a bit

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

NigeEss - 26/11/09 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER

Looks like they have just put it up £10 since I posted last night

Robbin Sods !

Booked a session too though........"slip slidin' away"

welderman - 26/11/09 at 12:23 PM

Ive not got a heater, , but you probable know that .
Will see if theres owt on then.

dhutch - 26/11/09 at 12:32 PM

Still £69 on trackdays.co.uk

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/calendar/cars

PAUL FISHER - 26/11/09 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
Ive not got a heater, , but you probable know that .
Will see if theres owt on then.

Just put a extra jumper on Joe,you will be fine

PAUL FISHER - 26/11/09 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dhutch

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/calendar/cars

Above link not working for me

Try this one.

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/book/bookEventDetails.aspx?event=3983

Dangle_kt - 26/11/09 at 01:56 PM

Arg! Oh well 80 quid for a open pit track day at oulton isn't to be sniffed at. Still looking forward to it!

NigeEss - 26/11/09 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dhutch

Bullocks.....

PAUL FISHER - 26/11/09 at 08:51 PM

Its still a great price though at £79,I paid £239 back in July of 2007.
Keep our fingers crossed for some nice weather,I was lucky with the weather,at around the same time last year,here's one of my video's from the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6YtSq5fYxs

Avoneer - 1/12/09 at 07:47 AM

I'm 99% going in my turbo MX5 and possibly a few other MX5's - some turbo'd and some supercharged.

I too can put my heater on.

Pat ;-)

[Edited on 1/12/09 by Avoneer]

welderman - 1/12/09 at 07:52 AM

thats just not fair !
think im going to book this, might see what ebay has to offer on heated race suits

Avoneer - 1/12/09 at 07:21 PM

Lol.

Just been told the price is going up to £99 middle of next week and then £129 shortly after that.

Pat...

MikeLR - 1/12/09 at 07:43 PM

Have they borrowed a pricing schedule from Easyjet/Ryanair !! the closer the date; the more the price increases.
Mike

[Edited on 1/12/09 by MikeLR]

welderman - 1/12/09 at 08:57 PM

im on, so watch out for low sliding fury's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_vMX-nrgE8

33 seconds, i cant look

[Edited on 1/12/09 by welderman]

MikeLR - 1/12/09 at 09:11 PM

Is that even lower sliding than Friday the 13th?
Have the Furys x 2 got repaired backsides yet?
Mike

welderman - 1/12/09 at 09:51 PM

mine as unscathed, just, but ive not heard from Ady since the track day tbh.

Dangle_kt - 1/12/09 at 10:43 PM

Open pit as well so I can't beg to be in a different group to the "fury by name, fury by nature driver"!

welderman - 2/12/09 at 04:07 PM

its all harmless fun, its not as if were all racing against each other is it. You can go as fast or slow as you want, take your time and build up speed.

Just checked its gone up another tenner.

Any more locosters going to book, be quick, it will be 100 quid soon.

Ady where are you
Joe

[Edited on 2/12/09 by welderman]

adithorp - 2/12/09 at 04:32 PM

quote:
mine as unscathed, just, but ive not heard from Ady since the track day tbh.

Thats 'cos I'm still sulking! It's sat in the middle of the workshop untouched. I swear it laughs at me every time I walk past.

It'll be in bits in January though so I'll not be booking Oulton.

Does anybody else have trouble loging into thier account on Easytrack web site? I log in then select the next page and it logs me out.

adrian

welderman - 2/12/09 at 04:40 PM

Bity of gaffer tape and it will be fine, fix it later, its a bargin mate at that price, you still have the sides unscathed

Avoneer - 2/12/09 at 05:01 PM

That was close - nearly took the Corsa out!

Pat...

Avoneer - 2/12/09 at 06:43 PM

I'm in.

Anyone who wants to come and sit in my car and warm their hand on the heater is more than welcome.

Will be nice to meet a few names from here who were around when I built my Avon and Bitsablade.

Cheers,

Pat...

PAUL FISHER - 2/12/09 at 07:04 PM

quote:
its all harmless fun, its not as if were all racing against each other is it. You can go as fast or slow as you want, take your time and build up speed.

Just checked its gone up another tenner.

Any more locosters going to book, be quick, it will be 100 quid soon.

Ady where are you
Joe

[Edited on 2/12/09 by welderman]

Still available here for £79,anyone thinking about it will have to be quick though before they put it up too.

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/book/bookEventDetails.aspx?event=3983

Avoneer - 8/12/09 at 05:28 PM

Should be a good day - there's a right mix of cars going and about 5 of us pesky MX5's going - most turbo'd or supercharged.

Pat...

NigeEss - 8/12/09 at 11:10 PM

Wonder if I'll have time to bolt a blower on the MR2.......hmm....... Anyone got a
supercharger for the AW11...........

[Edited on 8/12/09 by NigeEss]

welderman - 8/12/09 at 11:21 PM

wonder what the weathers going to be like, lol

Avoneer - 9/12/09 at 06:28 PM

Cold for starters...

Pat...

welderman - 4/1/10 at 10:40 PM

still places left for this, hope the snow goes away

b16mts - 23/1/10 at 09:28 AM

I might fetch the tiger out if I can come and spectate? I'm only 10 mins from oulton park anyways. So long as everyone promises not to look at my car, I've done nothing to it since rushing through sva, and I've got a big list of winter jobs!

Martin

Steve Hignett - 23/1/10 at 09:30 AM

It'll be fine mate!!!

should be a good day to be honest, I'm looking forward to it and I'm not even driving!

Be good to have a look round your car too, I should of already considering you only leave down t'road...

b16mts - 23/1/10 at 11:57 AM

Oh please don't look round it!! It might not be pretty but it's functional!!

welderman - 25/1/10 at 09:01 AM

get it down there, no one will mind, its a kit car we all love em

b16mts - 25/1/10 at 11:25 AM

You say that, but have you seen the forecast??

If its moist i shall maybe just bring the scoobie down, but will come anyway

welderman - 25/1/10 at 11:31 AM

see you there, rain,snow whatever i will be there

Andy D - 26/1/10 at 06:45 PM

Forecast is looking damp, take it easy tomorrow, boys!

Will be looking for plenty of pics and video tomorrow night.

Avoneer - 27/1/10 at 07:33 PM

Was a really good day.

Rain, damp, grease and dry.

All good fun.

Will see what footage I have on the corder later.

Pat...

PAUL FISHER - 27/1/10 at 10:26 PM

Yes great day,apart from Joe's little off,good to meet everyone,it was like a locostbuilders reunion,I will try to get a bit of video of the day posted up later

welderman - 27/1/10 at 10:39 PM

ye had a fantastic day out, even with my last lap off !, good to see lots of fellow locosters and cant wait for the next one, laters fellers, off to Kitsburg Austria in the morning skiing

PAUL FISHER - 27/1/10 at 11:00 PM

One of the Clio lads had coming together with the armco too Rescued attachment clio damage.jpg
Rescued attachment clio damage.jpg

Andy D - 29/1/10 at 10:12 AM

Oh dear, Oulton claims a few more scalps! At least it looks like there was some dry time, looking forward to the vids.

MikeLR - 29/1/10 at 11:26 AM

Was there in yellow Tiger spectating in morning.
Could see from forum that many of you were there,unless you know personally the drivers,I would feel a prat asking "who are you !!"
Can I suggest if you are doing a track day put up a picture of your car and your christian name. Then we will all know who you are, or do you want to be anonymous?
Mike

Andy D - 29/1/10 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeLR
Could see from forum that many of you were there,unless you know personally the drivers,I would feel a prat asking "who are you !!"
Can I suggest if you are doing a track day put up a picture of your car and your christian name. Then we will all know who you are, or do you want to be anonymous?
Mike

I know what you mean, I've been to many an event, to come back and find others were there, later on club websites. It's probably difficult for some users with more unsual user names to introduce themselves as, "Hi, I'm Bluebummedbaboon", or even PAUL FISHER!

...just kidding Paul.

OX - 29/1/10 at 01:41 PM

It was good to see a few of the boys again

PAUL FISHER - 30/1/10 at 02:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:
Originally posted by MikeLR
Mike

I know what you mean, I've been to many an event, to come back and find others were there, later on club websites. It's probably difficult for some users with more unsual user names to introduce themselves as, "Hi, I'm Bluebummedbaboon", or even PAUL FISHER!

...just kidding Paul.

I like to know who I am talking too before I introduce myself,there's some very unsavoury Characters on here

Steve Hignett - 30/1/10 at 02:25 AM

Oi, I resent that!

Oh, you weren't specifically talking bout me...

MikeLR - 30/1/10 at 09:03 AM

Looks like we are going round in circles, I dont know you as you dont know me !!!!!!
Mike

indykid - 30/1/10 at 02:42 PM

if it hadn't rained so frequently, i'd've had a wander round the paddock to chat to you stragglers. i very briefly saw chris mason but didn't get chance to chat

you certainly wouldn't have thought about coming to chat to me and pat since we were both there with the mx5 lot.

great day though. some unfortunate offs but all relatively minor damage.
tom

PAUL FISHER - 5/2/10 at 12:55 PM

Ive done a few video's on the day,here's just a couple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlxBirxRhWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ca29TMOj3k

Andy D - 5/2/10 at 01:42 PM

Good stuff Paul. That ordinary looking (300bhp) Astra goes annoyingly well doesn't it!

How much quicker are the slicks than the 888s? ... presume they're used slicks..

PAUL FISHER - 5/2/10 at 02:23 PM

Yes Andy,that ordinary looking Astra must have been a good £20,000+ worth it was a nice car,it was a tunning companys demo car,they had a new astra VXR with the same engine,that was even quicker
I don't think there's much in it between the old slicks and the R888, in the cold damp conditions.New slicks I think would be a different story,but at £15 each they are alot cheaperI just run them on the front,and I had soft compound A048's on the rear,appeared to work quite well,until until it started raining

welderman - 11/2/10 at 04:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSS09RAS30s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppt2CqdLFXs

Not alot of video time as after part 2, it rained all day and picture quality was bad.

[Edited on 11/2/10 by welderman]

[Edited on 11/2/10 by welderman]