Board logo

edge trim
Wolf1e - 24/4/16 at 09:07 PM

Hi guys

What edge trimming have peps used for iva around cycle wings, seats and suspension holes in side panels? I have some u channel stuff with adhesive in it but it doesn't take to going round tight corners very well like on the mk cycle wings.

Cheers
Wolfie

LBMEFM - 25/4/16 at 04:57 AM

I used the plastic black trim used in door shuts on my MK front wings and seats etc, it has metal clips inside that grip OK on the tight corners. It stayed on for two or so years, then I only took it off the wings as I prefered them without it and as there was no glue involved this was very easy.

theduck - 25/4/16 at 05:24 AM

I bought some caterham cycle wing trim. Did the job very nicely.

russbost - 25/4/16 at 08:14 AM

This

link

is what we use on the Furore wings for IVA, we add a spot of superglue every few inches as we don't remove it after IVA

nick205 - 25/4/16 at 09:18 AM

IIRC I used rubber glue-less U trim for the cycle wings and some other edges. It went through the SVA OK without a fail.

SteveWallace - 25/4/16 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
This

link

is what we use on the Furore wings for IVA, we add a spot of superglue every few inches as we don't remove it after IVA

That's what I used and the IVA guy didn't even give it a second glance. By the way, the rubber over the wing stays is two layers of wide diameter electrical heat shrink insulation and the cover on the top ball joint is off a wiring loom in the scrappy.

Description
Description

Toprivetguns - 25/4/16 at 07:51 PM

I purchased the U channel trim from CBS. A tad pricey however really good with the self adhesive glue. Trick is using a heat gun on a very low setting which softens the rubber enough to manipulate. I've used it on the sharp edges on the headlight mounts for my MK Indy.