rdodger - 4/5/15 at 08:06 PM

As seen at Stoneleigh

Half the weight of standard Sierra

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Direct swop apparently

£225+vat each

Tatey - 5/5/15 at 09:14 AM

Wow they are expensive! You can get a pair of alloy Cortina uprights for £195 + VAT, you then just need a new set of top wishbones (extended by 19mm I believe) and a new pair of steering rack extensions. Granted you may need to source a pair of Cortina hubs but I can't image they will be too expensive.

raptor700 - 5/5/15 at 01:32 PM

I had the first pair they sold , I am building a mk indy rr for the road and aiming for under 500kg , slight problem with the outside diameter of the hub meaning they had to scrap existing hubs and remake a new batch, got them fitted and look great , the weight difference is crazy. A good saving in unsprung weight.

[Edited on 5/5/15 by raptor700]

rdodger - 5/5/15 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raptor700
I had the first pair they sold , I am building a mk indy rr for the road and aiming for under 500kg , slight problem with the outside diameter of the hub meaning they had to scrap existing hubs and remake a new batch, got them fitted and look great , the weight difference is crazy. A good saving in unsprung weight.

[Edited on 5/5/15 by raptor700]

Any chance of a pic or two of them fitted?

raptor700 - 5/5/15 at 05:12 PM

Yeah defo will get some up for you

rdodger - 12/5/15 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raptor700
Yeah defo will get some up for you

That would be great. Thanks.

beaver34 - 13/5/15 at 07:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tatey
Wow they are expensive! You can get a pair of alloy Cortina uprights for £195 + VAT, you then just need a new set of top wishbones (extended by 19mm I believe) and a new pair of steering rack extensions. Granted you may need to source a pair of Cortina hubs but I can't image they will be too expensive.

who does the alloy cortina ones for 195?

Matt21 - 13/5/15 at 11:29 AM

quote:

I had the first pair they sold , I am building a mk indy rr for the road and aiming for under 500kg , slight problem with the outside diameter of the hub meaning they had to scrap existing hubs and remake a new batch, got them fitted and look great , the weight difference is crazy. A good saving in unsprung weigh

How much do these weigh?
My car weighs in at 520kg - mk indy, full cage, cbr900, full of oil/coolant/fuel, a couple of daft tools in the back and fully road legal
I dont think I could justify £450+vat! absolutely bonkers!

Though they do look brilliant!