Board logo

Locost trailer for sale, £500
mark chandler - 22/7/19 at 06:51 PM

Little car gone, my trailer is also up for sale as I need a much larger one to fit my XJS

It tows brilliantly, has integral ramps on the rear, tilts you can load a car with as little as 2" ground clearance and tilts to load.

When I made it I effectively drew a box around the car allowing a little extra width and length, got some pressed U section and built it, parts were around £850 from memory, I also included a second set of mounting plates so you can easily both on a second set of indespension units and convert to a plant style trailer.

Overall length is 4m, I designed it so it could live under my car in a standard garage so it effectively takes up no more room than the car itself apart from the drawbar.

Trailer loaded rear view
Trailer loaded rear view

Over the last 9 years it has done less than 3000 miles.

It could do with repainting and the ply floor needs replacing as the ply got wet, 3 X sheets of marine ply for this so allow £120 to bring back to new.

Due to this I want £500 in my hand for it, if it does not sell at this price I will board out, paint and stick on eBay for £750 as a reserve price.

No snaking or bad behaviour, very light behind the car and as a fiat bed useful for general moving of stuff, jumbo bags of ballast etc.

Cheers

Mark

[Edited on 22/7/19 by mark chandler]

surfymac - 23/7/19 at 10:37 AM

Hi Mark, Couple of questions:

Where are you located in the country?
What wheelbase will it take?
What track width?

Thinking of transporting a Formula 27 and an MX-5.

mark chandler - 24/7/19 at 06:14 AM

The bed measures 1.75m X 3.2m, it's carried a DAX rush in the past, largest car I have on it was a 307 Peugeot - looked horrible.

I,m sure it will be fine for what you require, the suspension units are rated at 750kg each.

I live near Newbury.

Cheers

Mark

jerker84 - 25/7/19 at 01:17 PM

I will take it if it's still for sale. Can pick up this evening

ch1ef - 26/7/19 at 07:55 PM

let me know if its available as it looks just right for me

mark chandler - 28/7/19 at 10:11 AM

The trailer has been sold, thank you Martin for the quick collection