Board logo

Replacement Front Calipers
johnny chimpo - 23/12/13 at 04:22 PM

Hi all, has anyone changed they're front calipers from the raceleda r16 4 pots to wilwoods? If so do you know if the mounting is the same, and all that is required is the new caliper or are the mouniting brackets different.

Also what wilwood caliper would be the upgrade/replacement for the r16 ones?

Cheers all....

G

Davey D - 23/12/13 at 07:31 PM

Are you running cortina based hubs? If so then you should be able to do a straight swap to wilwoods. The normal caliper people use is the powerlite caliper. If you buy it from rally design then the Westfield fitting kit is the one you want. Don't know if you will need the matching disc, or if your existing ones will do. .. May as well get new ones whilst you are splashing out. Get some polymatrix A pads too :-)

johnny chimpo - 23/12/13 at 07:42 PM

Cheers Davey, I believe it's cortina geometry. I was running the raceleda uprights with the r16 4 pots but I am changing over to the newer MNR uprights and will be going for wilwoods front and rear... Just a few of the many winter upgrades this year.

Thanks for the help!

Davey D - 23/12/13 at 08:36 PM

What are you currently using on the rear? As I don't think you will gain anything brake performance wise swapping to the wilwoods. Are they lighter?

joni - 23/12/13 at 08:53 PM

hi the mounting holes are the same wilwoods bolt straight on hope this helps..... jonny

johnny chimpo - 24/12/13 at 12:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
What are you currently using on the rear? As I don't think you will gain anything brake performance wise swapping to the wilwoods. Are they lighter?

Currently running Sierra rear calipers, was thinking the wilwoods would have been an improvement?

joni - 24/12/13 at 10:19 AM

the wildwood 2 pot calipers are half the weight of the sierra ones and make a difference better pads for a start