Board logo

MNR GM3 at Autosport 2014
MK9R - 8/1/14 at 08:35 PM

Well the 1000's of hours and some late night recently meant the MNR GM3 has made it to the Autosport show on the 750MC stand (7130). Its a rolling chassis with the body now completed, mounted and tarted up. Big thanks goes out to Marc, Chris and the rest of the boys at MNR for doing such an amazing job on the chassis and the efoort they have put into making this all happen!!! Hopefully there will be 4 MNR GM's out racing in RGB, all looking similar on the outside, but surprises hiding underneath.......

And a couple of the fantastic custom chassis Marc created

paublo999 - 8/1/14 at 08:42 PM

Congratulations. It looks great.

Have you weighed the bodywork yet and how does it compare to 7 style?

Cheers
Paul

MsD - 8/1/14 at 08:43 PM

That looks incredible! Good work guys- I'll have to come and have a look on Sunday!

Mark.

daniel mason - 8/1/14 at 08:47 PM

looks great austen! well done guys

MK9R - 8/1/14 at 08:48 PM

Bodywork is 28kg in race form. You won't get a full body for anylrss than that which will last beyond an hour ;-) The shape and edges do make it very strong and the 28kg version is more than man enough. For a road version that will last the test of time it will come in at around 40kg.

We should comfortably hit the 530kg RGB weight limit, especially if I stop eating everything I see

MK9R - 8/1/14 at 08:49 PM

Oh and a standard mnr vortx body comes in at 26kg

HowardB - 8/1/14 at 09:34 PM

That is awesome. .. a great start to the year.

Looking forward to seeing you racing

ceebmoj - 8/1/14 at 10:14 PM

Looks great been looking at your blog for for updates for a bit

johnny chimpo - 8/1/14 at 10:53 PM

Looks awesome!!!! I seen it at MNR at the start of December and was really impressed, now that it's the finished article it looks even better.

Digimon - 9/1/14 at 12:08 PM

That does look awesome

MK9R - 9/1/14 at 12:47 PM

Didn't notice tyres were dusty until looked at the photos. Some tyre cleaner required tomorrow ;-)

jeffw - 9/1/14 at 12:48 PM

Well done Austen, looks great.....if there room under the bonnet for a car engine?

MK9R - 9/1/14 at 01:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Well done Austen, looks great.....if there room under the bonnet for a car engine?

Dont see why not, the rear scuttle is same height as a normal vortx, may need a small buldge further forward. My zx10 fits in with no hole if I dont fit an air box ;-)