Board logo

Just ordered my first kit, vortx rt
tompat3463 - 8/10/17 at 02:21 PM

Just wanted to get some ideas as I have just ordered my kit.

It is my first kit car build although I have built a few cars and other things in the past.

It's going to be powered by a 09 cbr1000 which I have.

I'm interested to know if anyone who has built a bike engined vortx would have done anything different ?

I've went for a full cage with door bars, haven't chose a colour yet.

Thanks Alan

craigdiver - 8/10/17 at 03:26 PM

Hi Alan, you must be excited :-)

I would suggest keeping a build diary on here as I have found the feedback/help from every one extremely invaluable.

jelly head - 9/10/17 at 07:15 AM

The bit that i'd have done differently, or should that be planned better, was around the engine install. I'd stripped and tidied the engine wiring loom on the bench, but when i came to install it into the car some of the wires weren't long enough so that was frustrating. I also spent a lot of time fannying about sorting the fuel system, in fact that probably was the most time consuming part, getting parts altered.

Be prepared for little unexpected niggles, use the collective knowledge on here, ask when you get stuck, and try to find some good build diaries with plenty of picture, even if they're for different models.

nick205 - 9/10/17 at 04:24 PM

Good luck and enjoy it.

As above this forum is an excellent resource for help and knowledge.

tompat3463 - 11/10/17 at 05:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. Marc is saying around seven weeks for the kit to be ready. I really can't wait.

Can any of you confirm that the "traditional " nose is the standard mnr one with the horizontal grills and race has no grills ??

l5tuy - 18/10/17 at 10:05 AM

Good luck mate, I just completed mine this year.

Get yourself on the Facebook page, you can get answers almost instantly to any queries.

Also, as someone said previously, be prepaired for unexpected niggles, things not fitting etc (front wishbones come to mind for me) everything can be fixed however.

Cheers

Stu