Board logo

Aprilia RSV Mille Motor in Vortx
Winston Todge - 3/4/05 at 12:22 PM

Hey Marc,

Good to see you've got your own area here now. I'm very interested in your 7 inspired cars. Looks like a great design.

I was looking at your website and saw you have a RSV Mille motor for sale. I was wondering whether you have had any luck installing these in your Vortx? Any major probs to overcome? Exhaust routing? One pot sticking out the side of the engine bay??

Thanks for any help,

And good luck with the kit car industry! Looks like you're off to a fantastic start!

Chris

smart51 - 3/4/05 at 01:16 PM

I am thinking about an RSV mille engine in a vortex. Marc told me a week or two ago that he had sold it, as well as most of his other engines. The website is a bit out of date.

I spoke to him at the Stafford show where he warned me against a 2002 or earler engine on reliability grounds but said that a 2003 or newer will be better.

Winston Todge - 3/4/05 at 03:32 PM

Thanks for that,

I'm thinking an R1 would be the most reliable and probably most powerful route. I'm just still interested as to whether the Mille motor would fit in the chassis? Can't help thinking the low down pull of a big bore twin would be useful in a light 7...

Ta again,

Chris.

P.S. Hope everything went well at the show in Detling today?

[Edited on 3/4/05 by Winston Todge]

marc n - 3/4/05 at 11:11 PM

my choice of the two would be r1

the rsv will fit quite nicely though

just returned from the show now, great weekend ( shame about the 6 hour journey in the truck though )