Board logo

front cycle wing mounting
smart51 - 13/8/05 at 01:27 PM

My cycle wing stays finally arrived yesterday. They come in 3 pieces, a horizontal and two elbows. The elbows go under the cycle wing, I'm sure, and connect to the horizontal with 2 sleves. The problem is that teh wing is only just wider than my tyres and doesn't cover the horizontal tube. Do I have to cut holes in the sides of the wings to slot the pipes through?

This is where the build manual gets a bit "thin".

marc n - 13/8/05 at 05:24 PM

quote:

Do I have to cut holes in the sides of the wings to slot the pipes through?

yes will post a pic tomorrow night when i return from the show, cause all the cars are there

best regards

marc

JoelP - 13/8/05 at 05:26 PM

marc, must say, i absolutely loved the tytan with the v8 in it - i never appreciated how bloody low it was overall. The top of the engine seemed barely above my knees! Cracking stuff.

Dillinger1977 - 13/8/05 at 07:15 PM

here ye go:

for some reason i cant fathom, i didnt manage to get a picture of the tytan with the HUGE audi engine... i think my mind wasn't working properly after seeing that...

smart51 - 13/8/05 at 09:08 PM

thanks for the pic Rog,

Is that the raceleda / cortina upright cycle wing bracket? I guess it's the same principle for the sierra. Big dilema - how much should I cut off the huge wrap around mudguards?

By the way, do the edges of the GRP wings need to be trimmed for SVA?

marc n - 14/8/05 at 07:33 AM

yep same principle as the ones in the pic,
for sva you will need u trim, i normally hold this on with silicone and then it falls off without a trace after sva