Board logo

Digi Dash and Fitting?
Cadburys Man - 15/1/14 at 11:50 PM

I'm wanting a digi dash for my Stuart Taylor but not sure what to get, any suggestions?
I want something preferably with the following....

Speed
RPM
Odometer
Trip Meter
Fuel Gauge Possibly

I was looking into getting a GPS one for simple fitting by me and having just speed/trip/odometer but would prefer something a bit more advanced. If i went for a fancy digi dash where would the best place to go to get it fitted? I live in Derbyshire.

Thanks In Advance

Daz.

Jon Ison - 16/1/14 at 08:38 AM

I've fitted both digi dash 1 & 2, very easy to do speed pick up been the most involved making a small bracket to mount it.

Duncan36 - 16/1/14 at 08:45 AM

The GPS is an upgrade, what do you mean by more advanced? The digidash can do most things as standard if you put the right sensors on the car.

40inches - 16/1/14 at 08:54 AM

You can bring it over to mine Daz. However, my winter overhaul has turned into a complete rebuild The intention is to be back on the road for March
If you can wait til then,not a problem, and bearing in mind we would be working on the drive, perhaps before March may be a bit dodgy weather wise
Noble Motorsport should be willing to fit it otherwise. http://www.noblemotorsport.co.uk/

imp paul - 16/1/14 at 12:06 PM

Daz Paul at spire sports cars sells and can fit digital dash pop up to see him he is spot on pal

daniel mason - 16/1/14 at 09:51 PM

race technology dash 2, or stack! they would be my choices. possibly a new-ish used item from ebay to cut cost

johnny chimpo - 17/1/14 at 12:23 AM

Does the racetech have enough outputs to cover what the OP wants to have displayed?

I wanted a racetech dash but there's not enough analogue outputs.

davidimurray - 17/1/14 at 08:41 AM

Depends on how much 'bling' you want but have you looked at the Koso range of digi dashes? I have one of these in my car - http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/db02r-multi-function-rpm-speed-temp-etc-121-p.asp

peter030371 - 17/1/14 at 08:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johnny chimpo
Does the racetech have enough outputs to cover what the OP wants to have displayed?

I wanted a racetech dash but there's not enough analogue outputs.

Do you mean inputs i.e. speed, rpm, fuel level etc? If yes it has more than the OP wanted

I had a Digidash2 which I sold for a Dash2, the Dash2 has sooooo many more features IMHO and is much more customisable to suit each user

Both are possibly more then the OP wants to spend...deals can be had on the Dash2 though

johnny chimpo - 17/1/14 at 09:21 AM

Yeah sorry meant inputs, I thought the racetech only had 4?

What are the deals available on the racetech?

peter030371 - 17/1/14 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johnny chimpo
Yeah sorry meant inputs, I thought the racetech only had 4?

What are the deals available on the racetech?

It has 4 analogue inputs that can be used for different things i.e. fuel level, water temp, oil pressure but it has dedicated inputs for wheel speed and rpm so the OP would only need to use one of the analogue inputs (for fuel level) to meet his requirement.

jeffw - 17/1/14 at 11:18 AM

The Race Technology Dash2 is an excellent piece of kit. The new Dash2Pro has datalogging built in as well as upto 8 analogue inputs

http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_pro_2_31358.html

There is a significant price difference between the Race Technology kit and the Digi-Dash or Koso though.

Cadburys Man - 30/1/14 at 06:07 PM

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated
I bought myself an Acewell Ace-7659 and it looks a good bit of kit