Board logo

Sylva stylus
westf27 - 26/7/20 at 10:53 PM

Where would I find the data plate or stamped plate on the car.

Schrodinger - 27/7/20 at 06:37 AM

Is the car registered?

adithorp - 27/7/20 at 09:33 AM

Wherever the builder put it. If its been through through SVA/IVA the chassis should be marker on the drivers side front... somewhere. Can't remember of top of my head if there's a position requirement for the plate.

NuZil - 27/7/20 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by westf27
Where would I find the data plate or stamped plate on the car.

If you have the reg. number, type it into car baba (which is a car buying site) and that will tell you the number recorded by the DVLA against that registration mark.

westf27 - 27/7/20 at 06:18 PM

No it's not registered yet.
Am referring to manufacturers chassis number stamping on production.
Seem to remember something about it on here.

nickm - 27/7/20 at 07:11 PM

Hi

If it isnt registered there might not be one tends to be the last thing we do before its tested at IVA !.

Before IVA when it was SVA i dont think the chassis number was issued until after the test by the DVLA if my memory is correct. So if the chassis is pre IVA it may not have one.

My chassis number was on JPs reciept.

Nick M

Schrodinger - 27/7/20 at 08:24 PM

My Stylus was made in 2003 and did not have a chassis number stamped on it, the only reference to a chassis number was on the invoice. You will have to get a chassis number from the DVLA and stamp it on your self.

westf27 - 27/7/20 at 10:15 PM

Thanks for the replies.
The bit of info I thought I read,was that the chassis number was stamped in the factory,
Now I remember,it's on the invoice.Will check.

Schrodinger - 27/7/20 at 11:46 PM

Although it may be on the invoice the DVLA are unlikely to let you use it as I would guess that it doesn't meet their current requirements.