Board logo

Workshop Organisation - Sheet and Offcuts Rack
tilly819 - 24/8/18 at 08:26 AM

Hi all,

The home workshop is slowly but surely getting organised. A home for everything and everything in its home etc. I built myself a mobile storage rack for all of my sheet materials and offcuts the other day. I was getting fed up with having them all propped up against the wall and scattered around the workshop. They are now all nicely organised and all in one place, easy to find and get.

Hope you enjoy the video. Id love to hear any constructive criticism you have on the video. Cheers

MikeR - 24/8/18 at 02:52 PM

silly question but why does it have to be mobile? what do you need with the wall space? I have benches on castors so i can make space as needed but shelves on all walls.

tilly819 - 24/8/18 at 06:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
silly question but why does it have to be mobile? what do you need with the wall space? I have benches on castors so i can make space as needed but shelves on all walls.

Because i am storing things on both sides I wanted it on wheels so i could push it up against the wall 99% of the time but then pull it out when I want to get things off the side that is closest to the wall. Just gives me a tad more floor space while giving me a little more segregation in my material storage. Hope that makes sense. Cheers, hope you enjoyed the video.

PAUL FISHER - 24/8/18 at 08:36 PM

Superb, I would love a workshop like that😎

ianhurley20 - 24/8/18 at 09:19 PM

Brilliant - and - I'm jealous - space, machine tools etc etc

nick205 - 26/8/18 at 07:23 AM

Great video and as above I too would very much like the workshop space!

I like the stand a lot and to me the mobile element makes good sense, making both sides accessible for better organised storage space. Having to move half your stuff to find the bits you know you have and you need is a real pain.

Must admit I'm crap at remembering user names and you're rapidly becoming known as the "bow tie man" to me.

tilly819 - 26/8/18 at 09:48 PM

Thank you very much. glad you are enjoying my videos. As for 'the bow tie man' that is pretty much what i was going for. Its a bit of a gimmick to make me more memorable.

Cheers
Tilly

stickymint - 22/9/18 at 05:35 PM

Very Nice!