Board logo

mobile phone q
theconrodkid - 21/5/17 at 05:33 PM

Peeps,a friend of mine is paranoid her ex is listening in on her phone calls and reading texts,despite the fact she has a new phone and a new number (he has managed to get hold of her number),is this posible,also she thinks that anyone she contacts can be listened in on as well...thoughts please.

loggyboy - 21/5/17 at 05:45 PM

Phone would need to be hacked/rooted, have software installed before any of that is possible. I looked into it when I suspected my (now ex) wife was cheating.

theconrodkid - 21/5/17 at 07:00 PM

Thanks,ill put her mind at rest

ste - 21/5/17 at 07:49 PM

does he work for GCHQ?

theconrodkid - 21/5/17 at 08:10 PM

hope not

nick205 - 22/5/17 at 08:13 AM

No phone expert, buy this sounds a bit far fetched to me! As Loggy says I suspect you'd have to have the phone to hand and hack into it's firmware to achieve this level of privacy hack. I suspect the phone company/service provider themselves would object to this as well.

If she's really that concerned then report it to the service provider or indeed the police - no doubt they'll confirm what's possible.

theconrodkid - 22/5/17 at 10:07 AM

Nick,she sounds paranoid but tells me how he knows virtually her every move,not on faceache so no chance of that,i told her it was not possible but just wanted to make sure

ReMan - 22/5/17 at 10:47 AM

Tracker on her car?

slingshot2000 - 22/5/17 at 11:02 AM

^^^^ I was thinking tracker on her car. Or could he have possibly put one on her phone, the ones you can, allegedly, use to find a stolen phone?

Ben_Copeland - 22/5/17 at 12:30 PM

She needs to change her passwords if she's got an iPhone or similar. They have 'find my phone' tracking so if you loose the phone you can find it, lock it etc. This might be something that's been transferred between phones. Won't be able to listen to phone calls etc but might be able to see pictures if he's logged into a cloud server connected to her phone ?

Tracking of her car is probably more likely.

loggyboy - 22/5/17 at 01:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
Nick,she sounds paranoid but tells me how he knows virtually her every move,not on faceache so no chance of that,i told her it was not possible but just wanted to make sure

He could just be stalking the old fashioned way.

theconrodkid - 22/5/17 at 01:40 PM

thanks for the tracker idea,i shal have a look in the places MR Bond would look

nick205 - 23/5/17 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

He could just be stalking the old fashioned way.

Indeed he could - strange chap if he is though - there's better things to do in life than worry about what someone else is doing with their time.