Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone know this MNR thinking of buying
Dingz

posted on 3/7/18 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
There's a supercharged ST170 Zero on the RHOCAR site for that price.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

mnrfanboy

posted on 3/7/18 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
somewhat amusing that he boasts that its factory built but just 1500 miles later needs a £750 service

Done for peace of mind Mr Whippy 5 years or 60,000 miles isn't it?

Any questions please ask, I hope you're not suggesting that there is anything untoward? I did a lot of background before buying and spoke with both previous owners.

It was bought from an enthusiast who bought it from an enthusiast beforehand, both top blokes.

I love it, but it will go to make space for my own MNR BEC build, and I prefer MNR TBH.

I would like faster without a turbo. I'd rather build my own and be an active member of the community. Price reflects what I was advised and what it sold for to the guy I bought it from. I can with respect sell it for what I wish, and if someone wants it, that is what I am looking for. What it sold for before is public knowledge and there are costs above that for delivery, servicing, new parts and I'm giving away 2 fibre bucket seats in addition plus spares.

And in all honesty, if it sells it sells, if not it can sit there until next year. I'm not going to give it away.

I don't mind the p take, it's just banter, but I thought we were all enthusiasts?

[Edited on 3/7/18 by mnrfanboy]

anthony1

posted on 4/7/18 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Back to the original question.........

Someone is looking for a car.........they join the forum and ask for peoples opinions.........these are given genuinely based on the information supplied. The seller of the vehicle also joins the forum and is not happy with other peoples views...........sends u2u messages to find out more........then accuses people of taking the 'P'........all MK Indys are not cheap by the way.........from my experience of several years that is not what this forum is about. It is about enthusiasts / builders / like minded people sharing their interest with one another. Or have I got it wrong ??????
mnrfanboy

posted on 4/7/18 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony1
Someone is looking for a car.........they join the forum and ask for peoples opinions.........these are given genuinely based on the information supplied. The seller of the vehicle also joins the forum and is not happy with other peoples views...........sends u2u messages to find out more........then accuses people of taking the 'P'........all MK Indys are not cheap by the way.........from my experience of several years that is not what this forum is about. It is about enthusiasts / builders / like minded people sharing their interest with one another. Or have I got it wrong ??????

Great, glad we're all enthusiasts, and happy that my opinion is taken on board too. I have no issue with your opinion, but i'm entitled to mine too Anthony, wouldn't you agree?

When someone is advising people to avoid my car Anthony and posting about "detective work" in a public forum, potentially harming a fellow enthusiasts sale it's going to get a response mate

Any questions about my car please ask.

I like MK Indy's but I'm more of an MNR fan.

CosKev3

posted on 4/7/18 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Oh dear

You are spot on there in summing up what this thread started out about

IMO from what I can see the seller looks to be a wannabee Mike Brewer buying a bargain then trying to make a profit for little outlay.
Fair enough if you can get away with it,but when the purchase price is readily available on the net you are going to get some banter/abuse for the amount of profit you are trying to make!

mnrfanboy

posted on 4/7/18 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:

Oh dear

IMO from what I can see the seller looks to be a wannabee Mike Brewer buying a bargain then trying to make a profit for little outlay.
Fair enough if you can get away with it,but when the purchase price is readily available on the net you are going to get some banter/abuse for the amount of profit you are trying to make!

Thanks, appreciate your opinion. BTW, not looking to make a profit, my costs are about £1600 above what i paid including servicing, parts, extras and transport.

Is it unreasonable to sell your kit to fund another and try to get your money back? Would you not do the same Kev?

[Edited on 4/7/18 by mnrfanboy]

CosKev3

posted on 4/7/18 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mnrfanboy
quote:
quote:

Oh dear

Thanks, appreciate your opinion. BTW, not looking to make a profit, my costs are about £1600 above what i paid including servicing, parts, extras and transport.

Ah right.
Being an enthusiast you realise you rarely get back what you spend on a car,unless of course you add parts which make the car much higher spec?
Just because the car owes you £1600 more than you paid for it doesn't mean the car is worth that much more.
IMO you have got to be prepared to lose the money you have spent on it because you are selling it so soon after purchasing it.
What you paid for the car originally is about right I reckon for the true value of the car

mnrfanboy

posted on 4/7/18 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mnrfanboy
quote:
quote:

Oh dear

Ah right.
Being an enthusiast you realise you rarely get back what you spend on a car,unless of course you add parts which make the car much higher spec?
Just because the car owes you £1600 more than you paid for it doesn't mean the car is worth that much more.
IMO you have got to be prepared to lose the money you have spent on it because you are selling it so soon after purchasing it.
What you paid for the car originally is about right I reckon for the true value of the car

I really appreciate your advice and comments, thank you

I guess MNR and SKCC advised me wrongly on value (£10k which is what it sold for to the previous owner, I got a great price before outlays) Anyway, as I said it owes me what it owes me so it will sell at whatever the market decides and I agree to take.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

[Edited on 4/7/18 by mnrfanboy]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.