Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: vortx rear diffuser / undertray
marc n

posted on 30/11/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
vortx rear diffuser / undertray

hi all
just a quick post and a picture to show you our new undertray / rear diffuser in grp this is now available to suit all models and years of the vortx. the tray completely covers the rear of the car underneath the differential and fuel tank and has a centrally mounted vent to help keep the diff cool, the picture isnt the best but it shows the rear diffuser / undertray loosely fitted to our mazda car. hope to get some better pictures when the car is off the ramp

best regards

marc

[Edited on 30/11/10 by marc n]

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 30/11/10 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Kriss

posted on 30/11/10 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Rough dimensions? I really fancy this on my Indy. Might not be what you want to hear marc lol
spdpug98

posted on 30/11/10 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice, could be very interested in purchasing one....subject to costs - any idea on cost

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

cerbera

posted on 30/11/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Marc,

Will this be on show at Autosport in the new year?

[Edited on 30/11/10 by cerbera]

RickRick

posted on 30/11/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Will this be on my car asap

yes!

RickRick

posted on 30/11/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Will this be on my car asap

yes!

SeanStone

posted on 1/12/10 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
Surely the vent for the diff does nothing for the flow of air under the car?
Nash

posted on 1/12/10 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Very interested on this for my Indy. Do you have any more details? will it fit an Indy? Cost?

IMO rethe diff cooling spoiling the airflow, I don't think this will significantly improve downforce / aero on the car. it will just tidy up the back of it.

Happy to be wrong but would need to be convinced.

I still want one though

.....................Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

Agriv8

posted on 1/12/10 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
well done marc,

Looks really good all down to the design team if you ask me

regards

agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Gergely

posted on 1/12/10 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Marc!
That looks great! Would love to see more pics though. Wonder if any of the square side openings are visible with the rear wheels on and the car on the ground.
How is it mounted to the car? What is the weight? What colours are available? How much will it cost?

And the most important question: Will it make the car any faster? Or is it more to tidy up the rear looks?
Thanks! Gergely

Our build pictures

marc n

posted on 1/12/10 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
hi all to answer some questions

quote:

IMO rethe diff cooling spoiling the airflow, I don't think this will significantly improve downforce / aero on the car. it will just tidy up the back of it. Happy to be wrong but would need to be convinced.

i wouldnt disagree but it is definatley still beneficial to stop air from under the car getting trapped near the rear panel. the vent for the diff is mainly because air will still travel down the tunnel of the car and need to escape after passing the diff and from experiance when the back is fully panelled in the diff gets bloody warm.
it is mainly a cosmetic part, but will in theory offer a better airflow, and to stop the parachute effect of the rear panel area but without proper testing there is nothing to back this up

quote:

Hi Marc! That looks great! Would love to see more pics though. Wonder if any of the square side openings are visible with the rear wheels on and the car on the ground. How is it mounted to the car? What is the weight? What colours are available? How much will it cost? And the most important question: Will it make the car any faster? Or is it more to tidy up the rear looks? Thanks! Gergely

the openings are not visible whilst the car is on the ground, that area needs to be trimmed as standard as it is a continious strip when they come out of the mould, the undertray is made from grp and has a black textured coating, it fixes by a alloy strip attached to the underside of the car at the front edge then bolts to the side / back panel in the wheel arch area, and two bolts on the rear edge.

it will in theory help stopping the air getting trapped at the rear of the car but would also be best incorporated with the engine bay floor panneled in, which we can supply another panel to acheive

cost for the grp undertray and fixing kit is £175 inc vat

there is also underway a front splitter, that is sculpted to in theory provide better airflow around the front of the car, again this in theory will improve things but have nothing to confirm it will

best regards

marc

marc n

posted on 1/12/10 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

lol obviously the brainstorming session in the local pub was an invaluble part of the design process

marc n

posted on 1/12/10 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Rough dimensions? I really fancy this on my Indy. Might not be what you want to hear marc lol

unfortunately it wont fit a locost or mk, without serious butchering, which by the time you have done that it would be easier and cheaper to make from alloy as the original pattern was. it is too specific to ours due to the dimensions, chassis and body configuration

best regards

marc

Agriv8

posted on 1/12/10 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
quote:

lol obviously the brainstorming session in the local pub was an invaluble part of the design process

SSHHhhhhh Wife knows this forum exists !!!

How the snow ? going for it proper style in Bradford ( and guess who is in the car again !!! )

Speek soon

Agriv8

[Edited on 1/12/10 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Triggerhappy

posted on 2/12/10 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
More pic´s please...

Im from Sweden, so im escused...The Muppet drummer for president!!

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 6/12/10 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Marc,

Can you bring mine (paid for with my original car order) to the AutoSport show?

Yours, Clive.

[Edited on 7/12/10 by sucksqueezebangblow]

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

RK

posted on 7/12/10 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone after one for their MK or whatever, should go to Plays Kool: 96 pounds with free delivery for a GRP one in black; although not as fancy as the MNR. Sounds like a very good deal to me.
spdpug98

posted on 7/12/10 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone had any more pictures sent across, I have been trying to get some but not got any as of yet

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

marc n

posted on 9/12/10 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

daniel mason

posted on 9/12/10 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
good to see my old car again ^^^^^^^^^
has dave sold it on or is he keeping it to modify to race spec? i noticed it for sale a while back!

iain b

posted on 9/12/10 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
sold ....waiting to be picked up when weather gets better.....staying local to harrogate
The Venom Project

posted on 11/12/10 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
What is your next build?

quote:
Originally posted by iain b
sold ....waiting to be picked up when weather gets better.....staying local to harrogate

Hi

What is your next build then?

I should have taken you up on the offer of a ride out :-)

I hope to be on with a reverse Trike in 2011, and would like to think I might make Newark in it, but all will depend on cash and timing :-)

Nick

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

The Venom Project

posted on 11/12/10 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Hi Marc,

I think that looks really smart and compliments the look of the car, the car already looks fantastic in my opinion with its Nosecone, and now looks really smart at the back end.

Nick

The Venom Project

posted on 11/12/10 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Hi Marc,

I think that looks really smart and compliments the look of the car, the car already looks fantastic in my opinion with its Nosecone, and now looks really smart at the back end.

Nick

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.