Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 919 blade fuel pressure
hopsky1

posted on 27/6/13 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
919 blade fuel pressure

Hi.my fuel pumps packed up on my blade mnr.ive got a trackday booked sat.i can get a facet fuel pump localy.what fuel pressure do i need?.they do one 2.5-3 psi is this ok?
MK9R

posted on 27/6/13 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hopsky1
Hi.my fuel pumps packed up on my blade mnr.ive got a trackday booked sat.i can get a facet fuel pump localy.what fuel pressure do i need?.they do one 2.5-3 psi is this ok?

Yup that will be fine

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzo

posted on 27/6/13 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

buy a self regulating bike pump for the 919 or a ninja. Much better job, no need for a reg.

MK9R

posted on 27/6/13 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzo
quote:

buy a self regulating bike pump for the 919 or a ninja. Much better job, no need for a reg.

Facet pumps are usually self regulating

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzo

posted on 27/6/13 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
quote:
Originally posted by Benzo
quote:

Facet pumps are usually self regulating

Around 3 times the price tho?

mark chandler

posted on 27/6/13 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
I ran my blade on carbs with a low pressure facet pump without any issues, it's still supplies my swirl pot today and cost less than £30

One of these

FACET ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP ULTRA LOW 4PSI NO REGULATOR REQUIRED 4 CLASSIC CARS EO | eBay

hopsky1

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
I ran my blade on carbs with a low pressure facet pump without any issues, it's still supplies my swirl pot today and cost less than £30

One of these

FACET ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP ULTRA LOW 4PSI NO REGULATOR REQUIRED 4 CLASSIC CARS EO | eBay

thats the one the car has fitted at the moment it now rattles all the time like its out of fuel but the car runs fine.ive orderd a new one but might not be here for sat trackday.i fitted a facet solid state low pressure pump today but fuel was pissing out the carbs and flooded the engine so ive refitted the old one.

MK9R

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Take the black cap off at the end and clean the the points up with emery cloth, it could just be the points.

If fuel was pissing out, are out sure a float hasn't stuck open?? Has it stood for a while with no fuel in the carbs, if so the o rings dry out and it leaks. Once they have been left to soak in fuel they expand again and its All fine

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

hopsky1

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Take the black cap off at the end and clean the the points up with emery cloth, it could just be the points.

If fuel was pissing out, are out sure a float hasn't stuck open?? Has it stood for a while with no fuel in the carbs, if so the o rings dry out and it leaks. Once they have been left to soak in fuel they expand again and its All fine

its used regualry.runs fine on the old pump just the pump rattles interminatly as if its running out of fuel

MK9R

posted on 27/6/13 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

its used regualry.runs fine on the old pump just the pump rattles interminatly as if its running out of fuel

That sounds like points!!! Clean them up and I bet its fine!!! But also check filter, only blade pump I ever knackered was due to filtering being blocked and pump ran dry and burnt it out

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

hopsky1

posted on 27/6/13 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

That sounds like points!!! Clean them up and I bet its fine!!! But also check filter, only blade pump I ever knackered was due to filtering being blocked and pump ran dry and burnt it out

the old pump isnt a blade pump its this one
ive put a new pre filter on its still the same

mark chandler

posted on 27/6/13 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
If you are drawing in any air it will do this, try clamping the pipe, if that stops it rattling them you have your culprit.
Thurbs

posted on 28/6/13 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Buy a bike pump if I was you, Honda's R & D budget quite big so I'd use something designed for the job.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.