New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: America
six mad

posted on 5/10/13 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
America

Blimey this all went sideways and over the top literally

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-motorcy...ry?id=20430576

New link added

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-bikers-pull-beat-suv-driver-nyc-20429209

[Edited on 5/10/13 by six mad]

steve m

posted on 5/10/13 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
linky no workey

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

nick205

posted on 5/10/13 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
That's not a good turn of events is it

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 5/10/13 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
While I am in no way condoning the actions of the bikers, it must be a balanced and fair view.

What ever the full reasons, two wrongs dont make a right, (lets get it clear the Range Rover driver is just as guilty as the bikers) the driver thought because he was in a SUV that he could intimidate other road users with his vehicle, that is a bad mentality, those actions led the "pack" (rightly or wrongly) to automatically come to the conclusion they wished to extract retribution from the driver, things escalated out of hand with dire consequences.

And now the fact that one innocent (ish) rider is in such a state, without the local law enforcement bring the SUV driver in to answer for his crime, shows just how fecked up America is, mind you they squabble like children so much their government closes so what do you expect.

[Edited on 5/10/2013 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

sdh2903

posted on 5/10/13 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
I'm over in the states at the minute and its been huge news this week. Really sad event with one biker ending up paralysed and a man being beaten in front of his family all over an avoidable accident.

The biker group in question haven't done themselves any favours as they have posted videos online previous to this one where they have swarmed around cars and attacked them.

The driver of the range rover hasn't been arrested as yet and quite right too.

sdh2903

posted on 5/10/13 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry hector but thats bull.

Suv was swarmed with bikes, driver tries to escape to protect his family, the same as what any normal human being would do. Yes someone got badly hurt which is very sad, but they should not have been doing what they were doing.

mark chandler

posted on 5/10/13 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Having just watched it on YouTube a biker stares at the driver of the range rover, then pulls in front and brakes while watching the range rover forcing it to stop, then the bikers start crowding around the range rover and he boots it to escape.

They chased him and beat him up so were perfectly capable of pulling him out when he was forced to stop in the first instance.

It's not a great situation but if you were surrounded what would you do?

Slight aside, maybe 1/2 the bikes have their registration plates removed!

[Edited on 5/10/13 by mark chandler]

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 5/10/13 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903

Suv was swarmed with bikes, driver tries to escape to protect his family, the same as what any normal human being would do. Yes someone got badly hurt which is very sad, but they should not have been doing what they were doing.

Sorry sdh2903 but that's bull.

Typical internet warriors only seeing half the picture, it was reported (which has suddenly all disappeared funny that) that there was another "incident" before the "brake check" incident, where the SUV driver was at fault,using his vehicle to intimidate as he did again and again which sparked the brake check

But BOTH partied are at fault NOT just one.

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

phelpsa

posted on 5/10/13 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
quote:

Typical internet warriors only seeing half the picture, it was reported (which has suddenly all disappeared funny that) that there was another "incident" before the "brake check" incident, where the SUV driver was at fault,using his vehicle to intimidate as he did again and again which sparked the brake check

Maybe it disappeared because there is no evidence of it ever happening? Funny that.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 5/10/13 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
quote:
quote:

Maybe it disappeared because there is no evidence of it ever happening? Funny that.

Or that the yanks just like to blame one party when BOTH ARE AT FAULT, funny that.

But I must thank you all for reminding me why I hardly use this site anymore, a bunch of narrow minded bigots

phelpsa

posted on 5/10/13 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Or that the yanks just like to blame one party when BOTH ARE AT FAULT, funny that.

But I must thank you all for reminding me why I hardly use this site anymore, a bunch of narrow minded bigots

Wow?!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 6/10/13 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
I saw the full video that folks are referring to. It still looked to me that a bike started the incident and thought that he could act big in front of his mates. If I was put in the same situation with my family in the car, I'd have done the same. My family come before anything else and I would do whatever I could to protect them. The bikers who got involved acted like animals. If the guy who got injured was an innocent victim, then that is terrible but I could still justify what had happened in my own head!
Hector, you're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. If you feel the need to throw your toys out of the pram, carry on. Just don't expect anyone else to condone your actions.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

mark chandler

posted on 6/10/13 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
"But I must thank you all for reminding me why I hardly use this site anymore, a bunch of narrow minded bigots"

Well that's a pretty sweeping statement

Six mad posted it
Steve struggled with the link
Nick pulled a sad face
Hector decided it was 50/50 and disparaged America
SDH fell on the side of the range rover
I question what would you do if surrounded

So one person disagrees with you and its toys out the pram, best you keep away then ............

bi22le

posted on 6/10/13 at 01:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I dream of building and driving fast cars, my wife oftern calls me a narrow minded bigot

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

sdh2903

posted on 6/10/13 at 02:02 AM Reply With Quote
Theres been lots more footage than the links posted over the course of this week, some has now been removed from the web for legal reasons. Yes there was a spat between the Range rover driver and the bikers before the brake test incident. But even one of the bikers who was interviewed on TV said this was nothing serious, this guy then admitted they had done this kind of thing "to show dominance" a few times before.

Hector your'e absolutely entitled to your opinion but I ask you what were the driver's realistic options to protect his family in that situation?

1. wait it out and call the police? not really lots of guys banging on the car ain't going to politely wait for the police.

2. get out and confront them? er no

3. drive away as he did.

For me who has a family there is only one clear option and I would have done the same to protect them. If that makes me a bigot then so be it

carpmart

posted on 6/10/13 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And I think it's a good thing for us all that you're not on here much with your antagonistic posting!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

snakebelly

posted on 6/10/13 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Just watched some us news footage and apparently the range rover driver had already made a 911 call before this incident asking for help. In addition a search on past news footage will bring previous similar incidents with this club. The police were apparently aware that they were coming to town and had actually put reinforcements on the roads so they obviously expected trouble. The police had also received over 200 calls ref this mob from members of the public over the previous hours or so. I know where my sympathies lie and as others have said if it was a choice between dealing with plod later or putting my family in harms way then move over guys cause I'm coming through, oh an Hector based on your post i don't really think you'll be missed mate.
snakebelly

posted on 6/10/13 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YJI3EtFJjWc
JoelP

posted on 6/10/13 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
The irony of CalvinX calling anyone an Internet warrior, given that all who have met him say he's as nice as pie...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Jon Ison

posted on 6/10/13 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
There's a very long thread on pistonheads about this, there are in it lots of YouTube clips posted by the angelic bikers that show them for what they are, thugs.
stevebubs

posted on 6/10/13 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Bye. Close your door on the way out, please.

RK

posted on 6/10/13 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
I left California because I didn't feel terribly safe driving as much as I had to (nobody ever walks anywhere - ever). They even made insurance and license plates optional at one point. I said to myself that this can't end well, so I left.
johnny chimpo

posted on 6/10/13 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with sdh, im just back from the US and this has been massive news over there. From what ive seen on tv it was definatley a small incident that the biker gang kicked off about. Theres been loads of clips of them being chased by the police and doing wheeleesetcon the freeway.

The bikers definatley arent as innocent as people are making out.

PSpirine

posted on 6/10/13 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Personally, if anybody tries to attack my car to get, me or any of my family/friends inside, I will take off, with very little worry about running them over. And I'd be glad I was in a Range if I was in the situation in that video.

Not making a judgment on who was right or wrong or how the whole thing started as I can only go by what's in the video, but my reaction wouldn't have been any different to that of the SUV driver.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.