Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: which new estate car
nick205

posted on 8/1/14 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
As for those that say their boring......it's a big estate, not a sports car!!

Very true.

That's probably why most of us are here enjoying weekend cars

AndyW

posted on 8/1/14 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
As for those that say their boring......it's a big estate, not a sports car!!

Very true.

That's probably why most of us are here enjoying weekend cars

Very true, and that's why I keep going back to the Mondeo.

As for the crossovers, like has been said, loads of room inside, but the kia sportage has a full size alloy wheel in the boot, space which could have been used for luggage. If it had a space saver and a bigger boot, I probably would have kept it.

I think that to conclude my search and the great answers I have got, I may well be going for a Mondeo. Time will tell.....unless someone else throws something else into the ring

mitch2b

posted on 8/1/14 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
we have a 12 plate v60 d3 (5 cyl diesel) only 136 bhp but pulls well, very very comfy and in r design nav lux all the bells and whistle's, list is something like 32 k, but ours with detachable tow bar was 26k , now done 23k miles with just a gear selection prob, but was sorted quickly ,

may not have the boot space you require, but very nice comfy cars, tax is £30 a year too, so another plus,

and its sky blue , which makes a change from the usual boring colours of Volvos ,

hth
Mitch

swanny

posted on 8/1/14 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
I'm currently looking for 4x4 with a big boot and it's difficult. The outlander is the biggest with my budget or a mk2 CRV... Looked at a Jeep Patriot and it's smaller than my wife's Polo!

subaru forester any good?

rsmith95uk

posted on 8/1/14 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
I had a Mondeo hatch (1.6 ecoboost) a couple of years ago and can say that the boot is absolutely massive (bigger than the space in the Focus Estate I currently have). When I purchased it, it was to replace an A4 Avant (2005) 2.0 tdi and can say that I didn't notice any reduction in load carrying ability. The engine was a revelation - smooth and plenty powerful enough. I could get 50mpg on longer runs without trying too hard. Build quality isn't as good as the Audi.
Paul AS

posted on 8/1/14 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got a 10 plate Mondeo Titanium X sport 2.0 ecoboost petrol with powershift DSG box, do 15k miles pa, quite varied, tow a 1300KG caravan for about 2000 miles of the 15k and it returns 26.1 MPG regardless.

This car has every conceivable bell and whistle that I will ever need. Full postcode Sat Nav, Adaptive Cruise, Heated and AC seats, Bluetooth phone and media, USB connectivity etc. etc. The boot is humungous!

To get this spec in a new German car would push you well into the £30K+ bracket. As an Ex-demo I paid £17.5K with 113 miles (yes really) on the clock against a list price of over £34k, which in the real world you would have probably paid about £28/9K.

The DSG box is outstanding! The only irritant is 26mpg!

The car is now nearly 4 years old and probably worth between £8 and £9K, but its just too damn good to swap!

Blue oval all the way for me!!

amalyos

posted on 8/1/14 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rsmith95uk
Build quality isn't as good as the Audi.

Interesting true fact, verified by me.

How much actual Leather is in a Partial Leather seat?

Ford Focus: all material that touches you is leather.
Audi A3: 1 seat cushion bolster panel, all the rest is vinyl!!!

Don't be fooled by the German badges, their power is the brand, the product is not always what is expected!!

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

richard thomas

posted on 8/1/14 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Glad to hear that there are some Mondeo fans, I was going to cancel my order.... but as stated above it does seem to tick the boxes for bells and whistles....and leather/alcantara interior to boot.

I was a bit worried that on those towing car/caravan online matching tools it is close to the weight limit for towing my 1195kg caravan (don't tell anyone - that I have a caravan, that is...), but if others are managing it should be ok.....seems plenty powerful enough on the spec sheet.

AndyW

posted on 8/1/14 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
looked at a few options now, and it looks as it will be the Mondeo 2.0tdi titanium x business edition. It just ticks all the boxes, loads of space, good BIK and CO2.

It just comes with all the toys that I want and more. Just need to decide on colour......

Now the difficult choice begins, I always have black cars, although I'm now leaning towards a metallic blue. How hard can it be to spend someone else's money......

Thanks again guys for all the feedback

Andy

Paul AS

posted on 8/1/14 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Black looks great for about 20 miles after its been washed - and then looks like you can't be bothered for the rest of the week!!
richard thomas

posted on 8/1/14 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
looked at a few options now, and it looks as it will be the Mondeo 2.0tdi titanium x business edition. It just ticks all the boxes, loads of space, good BIK and CO2.

It just comes with all the toys that I want and more. Just need to decide on colour......

Now the difficult choice begins, I always have black cars, although I'm now leaning towards a metallic blue. How hard can it be to spend someone else's money......

Andy

Deep impact Blue

Slimy38

posted on 8/1/14 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul AS
Black looks great for about 20 miles after its been washed - and then looks like you can't be bothered for the rest of the week!!

My wife has another view on black cars... she refers to our road as being a funeral house car park, based on the number of dark coloured cars!! (Her own car is bright red, the only 'colour' in the whole street!)

AndyW

posted on 8/1/14 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
quote:

Andy

Deep impact Blue

That's what I was thinking!!1

jps

posted on 8/1/14 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
As an alternative, I might suggest a Kia Cee'd SW. Fantastic cars to drive, I'd buy a Cee'd tomorrow if I had the money available. Unfortunately because they're so highly rated, they're holding their residuals a bit more than my budget can handle.

I've had a few as hire cars and they are really highly specced. I think the only thing I didn't like was the rear view camera, it was mounted in a vulnerable position and by the time I got to my destination after a rainy drive I was looking at a blurred mush. But I did my driving test the old fashioned way, where we learned to turn our head round to see where we were going...

I've got a Ceed SW, really like it, looked at the Superb estate too and would rather have had the skoda really but it was ridiculously big!

richard thomas

posted on 8/1/14 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
quote:

Andy

Deep impact Blue

That's what I was thinking!!1

It looks close to that Ford ST type blue...I loved that colour....

Got news today that my delivery date has now moved back a week to next Friday...more than a bit annoyed.....

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.